Epcot’s 2nd annual Festival of the Arts will be back very soon and Walt Express has the scoop on the 10 Can’t Miss Experiences: Epcot’s 2018 Festival Of The Arts.
10 Can’t Miss Experiences: Epcot’s 2018 Festival Of The Arts
Epcot really “showed out” with their brand new festival that debuted in early 2017. We eagerly awaited news of a “2nd annual” Festival of the Arts, and of course, Disney did not disappoint! The 2018 festival will begin on January 12, 2018 and run through February 19, 2018. For more news about this event, just click HERE. Our friends from DISNEY PARKS BLOG has a great TOP 10 list of experiences that will be available for the upcoming festival. Check it out!!
From Disney Parks Blog
Today, we’re doing some digging to find experiences that’ll put a smile on your face – and may just make you a more creative person. There are many seminars and workshops from top Disney, local and nationally-renowned artists but here are a few you don’t want to miss:
- Art of Topiaries – Our Disney horticulture team will be showing you how we create some of the amazing signature Walt Disney World topiaries you see here on the Disney Parks Blog. After this seminar, you’ll be inspired to create Disney sculptures at home to amaze your neighbors.
- Watermelon Carving – You need to see this to believe it. A watermelon will be artfully carved while you receive great tips and tricks to use at your next party. This seminar is hosted by the National Watermelon Promotion Board and will be something to talk about!
- Magic with Water – The same Disney Photo Imaging team you read about here on the Disney Parks Blog will discuss tips and tricks for taking great photos around water; including swimming pools, play fountains, waterfalls, and even in the rain. You’ll also learn about using camera settings, lenses, and locations to get the best results.
- Animated Flip Books – This session is animation 101 where you’ll have the opportunity to create your own animated Flip Book while going over the fundamental principles of animation with one of our Disney animators. Drop by this seminar and watch your drawings come to life!
- Food Styling 101 – If you love taking photos of amazing dishes, this is your experience. The session will look at the basics of what goes into making food photo- and video-ready. Lessons include going from ingredients to a beautiful hero shot, talking tricks and tools of the trade and sharing tips to make your own food photography shine.
- Inspiring Floral – Over the years, the Disney Parks Blog has covered some of the amazing work created by Disney Floral Designers. This workshop will share floral design principles along with Disney-inspired creations to help you bring the magic of Disney home at any time of the year.
- Handcrafted Calligraphy – It’ll be difficult not to have fun learning the basics of pointed pen calligraphy. This workshop will cover topics such as mastering faux calligraphy, how to hold your oblique pen, letter formation, common issues you may run into, and which paths you can take with your new skill.
- Phone Cam Photography – This photography session from Disney Photo Imaging is for everyone! You will learn how to maximize the capabilities of your phone’s camera to improve your photos. Lighting adjustment, color adjustment, taking High Dynamic Range photos, time lapse, and how to edit your photos are just a few of the topics on the agenda.
- Handwritten Typography – Nothing is more personal than typography created by hand and at this workshop, a Walt Disney World Resort creative service manager will teach you how to draw your own hand drawn typography to create personalized gifts and cards.
- Storytelling Drawings – A single drawing can tell a story – and this workshop will show you how to do it. A Disney animator will share the art of quick sketching from life. Gesture drawing of people covered in this session is a foundational practice for animators, storyboard artists, and directors.
To book these experiences, call 407-WDW-TOUR or 407-939-8687, or contact your Disney Travel Planner. These experiences sounds like so much fun! Which ones are on your list to try?
Be sure to watch out for some delicious dishes during this festival!
Join our Facebook group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, for more Disney information and lots of Disney fun!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Guide To Epcot’s International Flower And Garden Festival For 2021 - March 2, 2021
- BREAKING NEWS: Disney World Releases 2022 Vacation Packages - February 16, 2021
- Top 5 Romantic Dining Experiences In Disney World - January 26, 2021