After months of waiting it is finally time to pack your suitcase and head off to your magical vacation. So many changes will be in place as you arrive and we want you to be in the know before you go. We are going to help you to be ready. Of course there are many changes in the theme parks, but there are also A LOT of changes at your Disney Resort Hotel. Keep reading to find out about those changes when arriving at your Disney Resort.
Arriving At Your Disney Resort
As you head to your room, you can expect a thoroughly cleaned room. A clean room at a Disney Resort is nothing new but housekeeping will be going above and beyond their normal efforts to ensure your safety. Commonly used items such as TV remotes and door handles will all be cleaned between each guest’s stay. Rooms will also receive light housekeeping service every other day (unless you choose to decline the service). In your room, there will now be Individually wrapped glassware, double-cased pillows and additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped for single-use packaging.
Extensive cleaning is also being done in high-traffic areas such as public elevators, escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more.
Transportation & Parking
If you are not already aware, Disney World Resorts have standard self-parking fees. This fee will vary by the type of resort you are staying in. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, except for Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance.
- Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
- Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night
Complimentary Transportation will be available before the theme parks reopen. Bus transportation will be available to take you to and from Disney Springs. When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney World Resort hotel and Disney World theme parks. Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
- Minnie Van Service will NOT be available during the initial reopening period.
If you are driving your own vehicle or rental car, you may want to consider driving to the parks to avoid the delays. If you are staying at a Disney World Resort Hotel, you will get complimentary standard parking at Disney Theme Parks. You must present valid Disney Resort Hotel identification.
Things may even feel different upon arriving at your Disney resort. Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period. Such as:
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort Guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
Some of the amenities we tend to look forward to during our stay will not be available during this initial reopening phase. The services below will be temporarily unavailable:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Spas, salons, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural, and animal program
Amenities & Recreation
Pools will be available during your stay. Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing. Select poolside activities may be available at some resorts. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts will also be available to guest. Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations and may have reduced hours and capacity. Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available Fitness and sports courts will be open. Guests must maintain physical distancing at ALL times.
Merchandise locations throughout Disney World Resorts will still be available to guests with some modifications to the shopping experience. These modifications will help manage capacity and promote physical distancing. Some other changes to note when it comes to your shopping experience:
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Disney World Resorts until further notice. As always, Guests can find these items on shopDisney, which are also subject to availability.
- Pin Trading: We will continue to offer Guests the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. Shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of our merchandise locations.
There Is STILL Magic!
We know there are many changes upon Arriving At Your Disney Resort. Whether you will be taking your 100th trip or your very first trip take, a deep breath and know that you can still make this a very magical trip for your family. It may be different, but it can still be as fun as you want to make it. Walt Express will continue to keep you updated. Updates can also be found at DISNEY WORLD UPDATES. Join our Facebook group at DISNEY EXPRESS LANE for updates also!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Carrie Ponce (see all)
- Arriving At Your Disney World Resort During The Phased Reopening - June 30, 2020
- 5 Things You Need To Do Before Your Next Disney World Vacation - June 23, 2020
- Why You NEED To Head To Frontera Cocina At Disney Springs NOW - June 9, 2020