Whether you have a Disney Travel Planner book your vacation or you are booking it yourself, My Disney Experience is a puzzle piece to the whole trip that you WILL want to familiarize yourself with, for sure! Check out: Disney 101: How to get the MOST out of My Disney Experience! to find out everything you need to know about My Disney Experience.
Disney 101: How to get the MOST out of My Disney Experience!
Check out the NEW update (8/23/2017)
You can now keep track of all of your dining credits on your dining plan as you go through your vacation. Long gone are the days of keeping up with your receipts to tally up how many snacks, quick service meals and sit down dining credits you have left. All you have to do now is check out the My Disney Experience App and Voila.
Check out the end of this blog for even more details!
Benefits of MDE (My Disney Experience)
There are many benefits of My Disney Experience and I am here to show you the easiest and most beneficial way of using it. First, let’s talk about what this awesome app and website can do. I will let you in on a little secret…this app on your phone will be your best friend while visiting Walt Disney World!
- You can make Dining reservations.
- You can book your Fastpass + options.
- You can find out when special events will be in the parks.
- You can completely personalize your whole Disney experience all via the website and app.
- You can also look up wait times for rides. Very convenient while you are in the parks.
For me the best part of this website and app is that I can visit it at anytime to get my warm and fuzzy “Disney feels”. 🙂
Step by Step Guide
Let me walk you through step by step of how to get started with My Disney Experience. (Of course, after you have created your account.) If you have not created an account already, you can do so right here: Setup My Disney Experience.
- If your reservations are not linked make sure you link them properly. Take the following steps below to link your resort reservations. When your resort reservations are linked scroll to the bottom of the same exact page and link your dining reservations, Fastpass + and Memory Maker if you already have them. (Don’t fret! If you are staying off Walt Disney World resort property, you can still use My Disney Experience.
- Go to My Itinerary so you can check the park opening hours for the days you are visiting, if you are staying on Walt Disney World property you can also see which parks are offering extra magic hours. You can go through and create a plan by seeing which parks are open longer on which days. This is a great starting point. From there you can make your Dining Reservations and Fastpass + options.
- Scroll down on the left side and find out how to look for park hours.
You can do a lot of things through My Disney Experience but, these few steps can get you started on your magical Disney journey.
Tips and Extras
- Now available in My Disney Experience is the option to add another fastpass once your initial three are used! You will be able to add as many fastpasses as you want during the day, one at a time-right from your phone!
- When you make your travel reservations with a Disney Travel Planner they can help you with My Disney Experience, but you have full control! Your travel planner will handle as much or as little of the planning as you wish.
Walt Express has just learned of a couple of magical enhancements to the My Disney Experience App! You will be able to check your Dining Plan Credits, right from your phone. So, no more having to run to the front desk to ask, or keeping up with those receipts! You will have it right there on your phone.
Also available will be the ability to see purchases to your credit card that you have on file.
Don’t be scared of My Disney Experience! It is there to help you!
Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- 15 Reasons the Magic is Still Alive at Walt Disney World - March 16, 2018
- Hotels for Larger Families in the Disney World Area - March 12, 2018
- What To Expect In Disney World During The Month Of June - March 10, 2018
Follow on Instagram