The much anticipated date for MagicBand upgrades arrived earlier this week! Disney World didn’t divulge the proposed release date for this fantastic upgrade, so it was quite a surprise to see it launch so quickly! We are so excited about this Disney World MagicBand Upgrade!
Disney World MagicBand Upgrade
If you’ve been to Disney World before, and even if you haven’t, getting a customized MagicBand is such a treat. Disney World is now giving guests the opportunity to pick between one of the 8 solid MagicBands, or upgrade to one of 30 new customized options! When upgrading, your price will reflect a $14.99 discount off of the regular retail cost since the complimentary bands are $14.99 (if you were to purchase them in the park).
Your upgraded band customized with your name engraved on the interior will only cost $10! That is a deal for sure!
How To Upgrade
To upgrade your MagicBand, you’ll need to go to your My Disney Experience account online, click MagicBands, and select a MagicBand for each guest in your party. You will be required to pay for your upgrades at the time of selection. As with many new roll-outs, there are a few growing pains and hold ups along the way. Disney does their absolute best to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.
We leave for our Disney World trip very soon, and while it took me a couple tries on the launch date, I was able to purchase our upgrades. I’m so excited this came out in time for that trip by the way! The popularity for these customized MagicBands has been unprecedented, and selections were down to 8 customized MagicBands within the first 2 days. Currently Disney is working on updating inventory, and we anticipate full restock in the near future.
Something To Keep In Mind
- If you upgrade your bands, or select the color of your complimentary band at least 11 days prior to travel, your MagicBands will be shipped directly to your home. If you upgrade at least 6 days prior to travel, they will be waiting for you at the front desk of your Disney World Resort.
- If your trip is within 11 days, you will need to change the billing address to your home address because it automatically transfers the resort address to the billing address (since that’s where it will be shipped). I assume this will be corrected with time, but if you don’t change the address your order will not be completed.
- Disney World has stated that inventory is very low and may become depleted. Don’t worry, they will be back with more very soon!
With this new addition to your Disney World vacations, your MagicBand possibilities are endless! You might as well keep planning trips so you can collect them all, right? Speaking of collecting things at Disney World, have you started a Disney Parks pin collection yet? Just click the link and we will show you how to get started!
Do you love all things Disney? We would love for you to join our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Walt Express Anonymouse
Latest posts by Walt Express Anonymouse (see all)
- Your Complete Guide To Souvenirs And Shopping At Disney World - January 30, 2020
- Understanding Rotational Dining With Disney Cruise Line - January 28, 2020
- 5 Insider Tips And Tricks For Your Next Disney World Vacation - January 21, 2020