DISNEY SPRINGS is officially open, as of today, May 20, 2020. This is definitly a step into a magical direction. Walt Express has a first look into what it looks like as Disney Springs Re-Opens! As a result of Covid-19, this is the first day that Disney Springs has been open since mid-March. Hopefully it won’t be long until we see even MORE openings.
Disney Springs Re-Opens
Today, May 20, 2020, marks a very special day for Disney World! After several months of being closed, due to Covid-19, Disney Springs has re-opened. There are a lot of new guidelines and new safety precautions in place. We are here to tell you all about them! One of Walt Express’ good friends, Carrie P., went out and about on opening day! We appreciate her so much for keeping us in the know.
- Limited parking and reduced entrances
- Temperature screenings prior to entry
- Face coverings required for Guests ages 3 and up
- Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers
- Temporary operation modifications which includes reduced hours at select locations. Also, no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation. Hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers are now in key areas of Disney Springs.
Your temperature will be taken at every entry location upon entering Disney Springs for the first time. If you display a temperature of 100.4 F or above, you will be directed to an additional location for re-screening. Those with temperatures above 100.4 will not be allowed entry. The people in your party will NOT be allowed entry either. During this period, guests will have a temperature screening at the following locations:
- Second-floor exits of Orange and Lime parking garages
- Marketplace Entrance
- Wash Bays are now set up at various locations. This one is pretty cool. These stations are basically “hands free”, only using a foot pedal to dispense water!
Hand Sanitizer Stations
- More hand sanitizer stations are set up throughout Disney Springs.
Social Distancing And Face Masks As Disney Springs Re-Opens
There are social distancing guidelines in place, therefore, restricting close contact. This includes physically-distanced queues and physical barriers.High traffic areas, such as around cash registers, will be roped off to ensure social distancing. Adults and children (over the age of 3) will be required to wear a face mask while visiting Disney Springs. Guidelines for face masks are as follows:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Beginning May 27, 2020
- As the phased re-opening continues, World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger and the Marketplace Co-Op will be opening their doors. D-luxe Burger will be mobile order for now.
Have you visited Disney Springs since they have re-opened? If so, we would love to hear about your experience. Head on over to DISNEY EXPRESS LANE on Facebook and tell us about your experience.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- The Do’s And Don’ts Of Using Disney Vacation Travel Planners - January 12, 2021
- Allergy Friendly Disney Inspired No Bake Christmas Cookies - December 22, 2020
- You MUST Do The Jingle Cruise During The Holidays At Magic Kingdom - December 8, 2020