Yes, you KNOW a face mask is required when visiting Disney World. BUT, there is a lot more to that rule. Read on (and check out the video above) to make sure you follow the guidelines on your next visit. We are going to show you the good, bad AND the ugly about face masks, eating and drinking at Disney World!
Face Masks, Eating And Drinking At Disney World
Since the re-opening of Disney World, face masks are required. They are required pretty much everywhere right now. We get it. There are however, some rules you need to know about AND follow those rules while visiting the magic! This ensures everyone’s safety and helps enable us to keep visiting the magic!
- If eating OR drinking (yes, that means that cup of coffee)-find a spot and chill out for a few minutes! You cannot walk around while eating or drinking.
- The above rule also includes children in strollers. I mean, think about it. Little Johnny is eating in the stroller while being pushed through Magic Kingdom. Half of his snack ends up on the ground. Just don’t do it.
- Find a spot to eat or drink. If you are not dining in a restaurant, find a spot to enjoy your snack, meal or drink. Please clean up after yourself and your family. This is very important! Throw your trash away, use a few wipes to wipe down surfaces you may have touched. Cast members are also around to sanitize your area as soon as you are finished.
- Face coverings are to be worn AT ALL TIMES. The only exception is when you are sitting down to eat or drink. Again, find a spot and enjoy. NO walking around while eating or drinking.
- NO gaiter masks. Click this LINK to see all rules and regulations when visiting a Disney World theme park.
- Stay hydrated. We cannot stress this enough! It’s important on any park visit, but especially a park visit requiring a face mask. That Orlando heat will dehydrate you really fast. Quick tip: Most quick service restaurants will give you a FREE cup of ice water! WIN WIN!
- Face masks and children can be a difficult task anywhere, but especially at a Disney World park. Click this LINK for some great tips on maneuvering Disney World, children and face masks!
Face masks are required for everyone ages two and up! Disney World has a RETURNING TO THE WORLD OF MAGIC page dedicated to everything you will need to know before you go! Things can and will change. Be sure to stay up date by checking out this page before you visit Disney World. We definitly want to visit the magic as safe as we possibly can!
We hope these tips on face masks, eating and drinking at Disney World will help when planning your next visit to Disney World. It IS the new normal, but at least we do get to visit Disney World.
Have you been to Disney World recently? We would love to hear your thoughts about your experience. Join our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, and tell us all about it!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: Disney World Tips, Tricks and Information - January 14, 2021
- 5 Not So Ordinary Things To Remember When Going To Disney World - December 15, 2020
- How To Have A Stress Free Disney Vacation With A Sense Of Humor - December 1, 2020