Don’t miss out on 10 Tips to Make the Most out of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to get the most out of your party experience!
10 Tips to Make the Most out of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World during September and October, chances are you’re attending or contemplating attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, or MNSSHP for short. MNSSHP is full of festivities and excitement for children and adults of all ages. It’s absolutely, without a doubt my favorite event at Disney World! If you’ve never attended a Disney party before, you might find yourself becoming overwhelmed, but don’t worry! I’ve got you covered! Below are a few helpful tips that will ensure that your family gets the most out of your party experience:
NEW FOR 2018!! There are some brand new, spooky experiences coming to this party!! Click the link to find out more!
1) Get there early! Even though the party doesn’t officially begin til 7 PM, party guests are allowed to enter starting at 4 PM. This is the perfect time to hop on Space Mountain, shop at the Emporium, grab a bite at Pecos Bill, or (if you’re patient enough) stand in line for the MNSSHP meet and greets.
2) Do not use a park ticket on Magic Kingdom on the day of the party. Party tickets are actually cheaper than a one-day ticket at the Magic Kingdom. There is so much to do at the party, you’re going to want to rest at your resort during the day.
3) Don’t be afraid to wear a costume! MNSSHP is the ONLY time when adults can wear costumes (kids can wear costumes regardless). Go all out! Part of the fun of the Halloween party is to see everybody’s costumes! If your family agrees, you could even do themed costumes for the whole family.
4) Bring a change of clothes. It’s still pretty hot during September and October in Florida, so bulky and thick costumes are going to be uncomfortable as the night goes on. I suggest bringing a change of lighter clothes (or a lighter costume) so you can last the whole party without sweating buckets.
5) Bring a bigger treat bag. During the Halloween Party, you will be given a complimentary treat bag. However, it’s not nearly big enough to carry around your loot. Last September, my 4 year old daughter walked away with nearly 20lbs of candy! There are trick-or-treat stations scattered all over the park, and the cast members literally scoop up two handfuls and dump them in your bag. You’ll notice that as the night goes on, the cast members will give you more candy!
6) Visit rare characters! It’s not every day that Jack Skellington, Sally, the Seven Dwarfs, Captain Jack Sparrow, and the Villains appear in the parks. But beware! These lines can get rather lengthy, so I suggest doing your meet and greets towards the beginning of the party.
7) Visit common characters in their Halloween outfits! Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy are out-and-about during the Halloween party in their festive outfits! Lines are typically a lot shorter than the rare characters with waits only 10-20 minutes long.
8) Grab your parade spots! The Boo to You parade runs twice a night, with the first parade being much more crowded than the second. I suggest grabbing your spots for the parade approximately 15-20 minutes before it starts.
9) Watch the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! This show is back for a second year! It was a huge hit last year and it’s sure to put a spell on you. If you love Hocus Pocus, you’re going to want to see the Sanderson Sisters along with other infamous Disney villains.
10) Last, but not least, watch HalloWishes! This fireworks spectacular is breathtaking! My daughter and I actually watched the fireworks while riding Goofy’s Barnstormer over and over again. However, I’m sure the best spot is right in front of Cinderella’s Castle.
BONUS TIP: Be sure to grab a “party exclusive” Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom card! This is an interactive game in the Magic Kingdom and has it’s very own special edition card! Even if you don’t play the game, it makes a great souvenir and it’s FREE! A great collector’s item too!
If your heading to the party this year, be sure to check out ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW! We hope these 10 Tips To Make The Most Out Of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party help bring more magic on your visit to this party!
- Amber from Beautifully BellaFaith is amazing and really knows her stuff too! Thanks for the contribution Amber!
Who’s been to this amazing party? We would love to hear about your experience! Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort: A Disney World Resort Review - August 10, 2018
- Disney 101: How To Get The MOST Out Of The My Disney Experience Website - August 1, 2018
- 10 Tips To Make The Most Out Of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - July 27, 2018
Follow on Instagram