Are you heading to this year’s Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? Don’t miss out on 10 Tips to Make the Most out of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to get the most out of your party experience! We have some spooky Tips For Mickey’s Halloween Party and are super happy to share them with our favorite readers!
Tips For Mickey’s Halloween Party
If you’re visiting Disney World during August, September or October, chances are you’re attending or contemplating attending Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, or MNSSHP for short. MNSSHP is full of festivities and excitement for children and adults of all ages. It’s absolutely, without a doubt my favorite event at Disney World! If you’ve never attended a Disney party before, you might find yourself becoming overwhelmed, but don’t worry! Walt Express has got you covered! Below are a few helpful tips that will ensure that your family gets the most out of your party experience.
NEW FOR 2019!! There are some brand new, spooky experiences coming to this party!! Click the link to find out more! Including a new fireworks show!! EEKKKKKKK!!!
1) Get there early! Even though the party doesn’t officially begin til 7 PM, party guests are allowed to enter starting at 4 PM. This is the perfect time to hop on Space Mountain, shop at the Emporium, grab a bite at Pecos Bill, or (if you’re patient enough) stand in line for the MNSSHP meet and greets. You will even be allowed a few fast passes with your party ticket, from 4-6 pm!
2) Do not use a park ticket on Magic Kingdom on the day of the party. Party tickets are actually cheaper than a one-day ticket at the Magic Kingdom. There is so much to do at the party, you’re going to want to rest at your resort during the day. Money saver!!
3) Wear a costume! MNSSHP is the ONLY time when adults can wear costumes (kids can wear costumes regardless). Go all out! Part of the fun of the Halloween party is to see everyone’s costumes! If your family agrees, you could even do themed costumes for the whole family. Something to remember though, covering your face is not allowed at any age. Matching T-shirts is also a great option, since the heat is super scary in Orlando during this time!
4) Bring a change of clothes. It’s still pretty hot during August, September and October in Florida, so bulky and thick costumes are going to be uncomfortable as the night goes on. I suggest bringing a change of lighter clothes (or a lighter costume) so you can last the whole party without sweating buckets.
5) Bring a bigger treat bag. During the Halloween Party, you will be given a complimentary treat bag. However, it’s not nearly big enough to carry around your loot. We have gotten as much as 20 pounds of candy! There are trick-or-treat stations scattered all over the park, and the cast members literally scoop up two handfuls and dump them in your bag. You’ll notice that as the night goes on, the cast members will give you more candy! This party is also ALLERGY FRIENDLY!
6) Visit rare characters! It’s not every day that Jack Skellington, Sally, the Seven Dwarfs, Captain Jack Sparrow, and the Villains appear in the parks. But beware! These lines can get rather lengthy, so I suggest doing your meet and greets towards the beginning of the party.
7) Visit characters in their Halloween outfits! Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy are out-and-about during the Halloween party in their festive outfits! Lines are typically a lot shorter than the rare characters with waits only 10-20 minutes long.
8) Grab your parade spots! The Boo to You parade runs twice a night, with the first parade being much more crowded than the second. I suggest grabbing your spots for the parade approximately 15-20 minutes before it starts. Better yet, get a few more rides in or more trick or treating in during the first parade and watch the second one! It’s usually less crowded for the second parade!
9) Watch the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! It was a huge hit last year and it’s sure to put a spell on you. If you love Hocus Pocus, you’re going to want to see the Sanderson Sisters along with other infamous Disney villains.
10) Last, but not least, watch the fireworks show! This fireworks spectacular is breathtaking and will be an all NEW experience for the 2019 party!
Bonus Tips For Mickey’s Halloween Party
- Be sure to grab a “party exclusive” Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom card! This is an interactive game in the Magic Kingdom and has it’s very own special edition card! Even if you don’t play the game, it makes a great souvenir and it’s FREE! A great collector’s item too!
- If your heading to the party this year, be sure to check out ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW! We hope these 10 Tips To Make The Most Out Of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party help bring more magic on your visit to this party!
- Watch for special treats that will ONLY be available during the party! Don’t miss out on these!
Who’s been to this amazing party? We would love to hear about your villainous experience! Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
Follow on Instagram