Check out what this Epcot restaurant has to offer with Chefs de France: A Disney World Dining Review.
What to Expect
Chef de France is nestled in the France pavilion in the World Showcase of Epcot. Even though Epcot is my favorite theme park, I typically stick to our tried and true table service restaurants there. I did not know what to fully expect when my mom and I visited Chefs de France in Epcot. When I think of a French Restaurant, I think fancy! Let me just say that the words fancy and kids simply don’t go together, or so I thought.
Like I said, I would normally be very hesitant to try any restaurant in the France section of Epcot. My main fear was that I really didn’t know how my kids would take to the French menu. However, because mom and I were alone, I was happy to try this restaurant out without my kids. I must say that I am so glad I scoped it out for myself, because now I know they would have been fine. My children are not super picky so there were several options I knew they would enjoy. However, don’t expect to see macaroni and cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on this menu.
Crisp white linens, elegant surroundings, fine French cuisine and attentive service combine to make Chefs de France a popular dining choice. The wait staff was really helpful and not stuffy at all. I noted several kid-friendly choices, which put my mind at ease for future visits with my children. Overall, it was a great break from a hot day in the parks and the food was excellent; it was served hot and wholesome. Dessert was certainly a highlight here. The crème brûlée and the famous profiteroles, served with vanilla ice cream and warm chocolate sauce are their signature desserts that will not disappoint. Actually, it makes me want to take a trip back just for dessert!
Pros and Cons to Keep in Mind
You really can’t go wrong with this dining experience, but you may want to keep a few things in mind as you plan your dining reservations for your next magical Disney World vacation. Here is a list of the Pro and Cons of Chefs de France that came to mind, while dining:
- It was very loud in this restaurant. (This can be a Pro depending on how loud your kids are. If they are anything like mine, they will fit right in. :-))
- There wasn’t a long wait after we checked in for our reservation time. (But, this could vary with each visit and personal experience.)
- Some Disney Dining plans are accepted.
- Service was great! Our waiter was French and that always adds to the authenticity.
- As with most Epcot restaurants, you can anticipate an upscale dining experience at Chefs de France while dressed in your casual garb.
- The Chefs de France Restaurant is patterned after a Parisian brassiere. It has windows all the way around, so you can watch the hustle and bustle outside while enjoying a meal and a nice glass of wine.
- Did someone say wine? Chefs de France has an extensive list of imported French wines that you can pair with your entree.
- The dessert was fabulous!
- The tables are very close together. I felt like we were packed in like sardines, but that’s just me. It may not bother some.
- It was very loud! If you are looking to have a relaxing or romantic dinner this restaurant may not be for you.
- The kids menu is a bit limited for those of you who have picky eaters.
So there you have it, Pros out way the Cons, for sure so you decide what is right for you and your dining party!
Have you eaten at this popular restaurant? What did you think of this dining experience?
Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.