Find out the Top 6 Character Dining Spots at Disney World that you do not want to miss on your next Disney vacation!
As you know, Disney World is known for its Character Dining. Young and old, everyone loves it! Everyone wants to meet all of their favorite characters. No one wants to wait in line for them, so why not have them come to your table as you enjoy a meal. Did I mention this is also in the air-conditioned restaurant? It’s also away from the hustle and bustle. Okay I think you get it! I think we can agree! There are several character dining spots on Disney World property, but there are six that really pack a punch and make us keep coming back for more!
Top 6 Character Dining Spots at Disney World
1) Chef Mickey’s is located in the Contemporary Resort. It’s perfect for meet and greets with Mickey and the Gang. Grab your autograph book and get ready for an American buffet style dining experience. If you time it just right, hit this restaurant up for breakfast and then enjoy the Magic Kingdom for the rest of your day. It is super convenient to the Magic Kingdom, a hop, skip and a jump on the monorail or a short walk to the Magic Kingdom. Your belly will be full and you will be ready for a day of fun! This is the only restaurant on property where you can meet the Fab Five!
2) Tusker House is located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Here you will have a family focused buffet with all of your favorite Disney Characters. This buffet is popular because it offer Mickey and the gang, as well as some unique food choices as well as kiddie favorites. Make sure you check out our dining review on Tusker House. We give tips and recommendations to make your dining experience even better!
3) The Garden Grill is located in Epcot. At the Garden Grill you will meet Chip and Dale at this American buffet style dining experience. This restaurant slowly rotates around the attraction Living with the Land, which is also a must see! We have a few tips and a review of breakfast in our Garden Grill dining review, so don’t miss out.
4) Ohana is located at the Polynesian Resort, just a short monorail ride away from the Magic Kingdom. Here you will experience great food at breakfast or dinner. For breakfast, you will be served family-style and experience a meet and greet with Lilo, Stitch and Mickey. At night, you won’t meet any characters, but you will eat some incredible food. Ohana is a must-do for many and the character interactions are great for breakfast.
5) Cinderella’s Royal Table is located in the Magic Kingdom where you will meet all of your favorite princesses and feast on exquisite food just like a prince or princess. Cinderella’s Royal Table will not disappoint especially if your prince or princess loves Disney Princesses. Don’t forget you can take a picture with Cinderella before you are seated for your meal. When booking this restaurant, keep in mind if you are on Disney’s Dining Plan that this restaurant will take up 2 dining credits. Read more about this amazing restaurant in our latest article where we tell about our experience and give tips and recommendations!
6) Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is located in Epcot and is perfect for your favorite little princess. Meet and Greet some of your favorite princesses at this unique dining experience and meet Belle before you are seated at your royal table. You may even get to experience a royal processional. Be on the lookout! Read our dining review for Akershus HERE.
If you are looking for the perfect character meal, we hope you can squeeze one or two of these into your magical itinerary! Until then, happy planning! Don’t forget to check out our article on Disney Dining Plans, Disney 101: The Disney Dining Plan. Find out which Disney Dining Plan is right for you and your family.
What is your favorite character dining experience? Let us know in the comments!
Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.