Why should the grown-ups have ALL the fun? It’s simply NOT fair! Check out what’s new right here in 11 Kid Friendly Eats and Treats at Epcot’s 2017 International Food and Wine Festival.
11 Kid Friendly Eats and Treats at Epcot’s 2017 International Food and Wine Festival
Contrary to some beliefs, Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival is not just for adults. Of course, adults always have a great time at the festival, but what about the kids? The kids LOVE it too! What’s not to love when you have 11 kid friendly eats and treats waiting on you! I just hope the kiddos will share with us! If you are heading to the festival, learn how to get the most out of your Food and Wine Experience! The festival began August 31 and will end on November 13. This is 75 FULL days of celebrity chefs, culinary delights, Eat to the Beat concerts and premium events.
Our friends from Disney Parks Blog have compiled a great list for some pretty amazing eats and treats for kids this year! Read on and see what’s available!
From Disney Parks BlogYes, grown-ups love the sophisticated food and beverages in the Global Marketplaces at Epcot that encircle World Showcase Lagoon and stretch into Future World – 35 in all – but there’s plenty for younger palates too at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
We took a stroll with two little ones, one with a pickier palate, the other a bit more adventurous. Here’s what we found they loved best (excluding sweets, which get their own short list at the end of this blog post).
1. The No. 1 favorite was the Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich at the Epcot Legacy Showplace, an ode to the Disney handwich of the late 1980s.
2. Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise at Hawaii Marketplace. (Picky eater asked for no spicy mayo.)
3. Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy at Farm Fresh Marketplace. (Picky eater avoided the gravy.)
4. Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli at Earth Eats Marketplace. Pasta always wins.
5. Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-Fried Vegetables at Thailand Marketplace. The sweet sauce made this one a winner.
6. Chicken Pot Stickers at China Marketplace. Familiar tastes.
7. Mango Lassi at India Marketplace (the only drink on our list).
8. Schinkennudeln at Germany Marketplace, Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese. Comfort food at its finest.
9. Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup – a perennial favorite for all ages at the Canada Marketplace.
10. Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce at the Canada Marketplace (they both skipped the mushrooms but loved the buttery filet).
11. Sweet Pancake with Spicy-Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam and Maple Butter Syrup at Flavors from Fire (a big hit with the adventurous eater).
Sweets deserve their own category, so here are the Top 5:
1. L’Orange Cotton Candy at the Epcot Legacy Showplace.
2. Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle at Earth Eats.
3. Quesito Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce at Islands of the Caribbean.
4. Bougatsa at the Greece Marketplace, a Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon-Honey Syrup and Cinnamon.
5. Belgian waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream at the Belgium Marketplace.
For a full list of the menus that you will find at this year’s Food and Wine Festival, click HERE.
For more Food and Wine fun, check out these 6 experiences that you do NOT want to miss!
Please join us in our Facebook group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, for more Disney fun!
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog