There is not a better way to get some Christmas spirit than with these adorable Santa Hats from Disney Family. Find out how to make these magical treats right here in Disney Family: Mickey’s Strawberry Santa Hats Recipe.
Disney Family: Mickey’s Strawberry Santa Hats Recipe
Christmas is RIGHT around the corner. Yes, I know we just blinked and here it is upon us again!! You also know what that means. Tons of invites to social, school, family and church events. The invites are ENDLESS! With those invites usually comes a stipulation to bring a dish. But Walt Express doesn’t want you to have to bring the same old boring dishes everyone else is making. NOPE! We want you to bring a dish that is both full of Disney and Christmas spirit. Disney Family is full of magical and EASY recipes that make it look as if you have spent hours preparing your dish. So, it’s no surprise that is where we found today’s recipe.
This adorable dessert/snack is an easy fix AND easy on the wallet. You can check it out right here on the Disney Family site: MICKEY’S STRAWBERRY SANTA HATS.
- LARGE FRESH STRAWBERRIES
- WHITE CHOCOLATE
- VANILLA WAFER COOKIES
- SMALL CHOCOLATE DISKS OR CHOCOLATE MINTS
- Wash the strawberries with cool water and carefully remove the hulls. Pat the fruit dry with a paper towel.
- Melt some white chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop, following the directions on the package.
- Working with one wafer cookie at a time, dip the surface in the melted candy so that it is generously coated. If needed, dip it twice.
- Place the dipped cookie on wax paper (coated side up), and immediately set a strawberry (hulled side down) on top. Quickly, but gently, push two small chocolate disks against the base of the berry for ears, holding them in place for a few seconds to make sure they stick. If they don’t hold, use a little more melted candy to attach them.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make as many more hats as you want, reserving some of the melted white chocolate for the pom-pom tops. When you’re ready to add the pom-poms, let the melted white chocolate cool slightly so that it will thicken a bit. Then spoon a small blob onto each strawberry tip.
- Finally, add a little texture to the hat trim, if you like, by using a fork to gently “scramble” what’s left of the partially cooled white chocolate (it should resemble flaked coconut). Gently press some of the white chocolate flakes onto the candy hat brims while they are still warm so they will stick in place. Once the candy is completely set, arrange the finished hats on a plate to serve.
We hope you enjoy this little Holiday Preview and that it puts you in the mood for all of the upcoming festivities! Let us know if you try it! We would love to have a taste, but we suppose a picture will have to do!
Check out our facebook group: DISNEY EXPRESS LANE for tons of great Disney talk!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- The Do’s And Don’ts Of Using Disney Vacation Travel Planners - January 12, 2021
- Allergy Friendly Disney Inspired No Bake Christmas Cookies - December 22, 2020
- You MUST Do The Jingle Cruise During The Holidays At Magic Kingdom - December 8, 2020