Disney World WILL Reopen. We have been waiting to hear these words since mid-March when Disney World was closed due to Covid-19. Now, it’s official. Disney World Announces Plan To Reopen On July 11 With Phased Openings and we have all the details right here! Keep in mind, we are still waiting on final approval. You can read more about that, right HERE from Disney Parks Blog.
Fingers crossed, it won’t be long until we know for sure!
Disney World Announces Plans
We have been waiting on this moment since the closure was announced, back in March! Yes, we are THAT serious about our love for Disney World. Here are all of the details that have been released so far. As more details are released, we will update this blog.
On May 27, 2020, Disney World presented it’s plan for a phased (and very limited) reopening. The plan was voted on and approved and currently waiting on the governor to give final approval for the plan. Here is what we know as of right now.
- Face masks will be required and temperature checks will also be a new normal for awhile.
- Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen on July 11, 2020.
- Hollywood Studios and Epcot will reopen on July 15, 2020.
- Limited guest capacity for the parks, once they are reopened. Including possibly a reservation system in place, meaning you will need a reservation to enter the parks.
- NO fireworks shows, meet and greets or parades during the phased reopening. We are not sure when these “extras” will be back for us to enjoy. We will definitely keep you posted!
Per Disney Parks
Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details.
- DVC resorts and Fort Wilderness Campgrounds will reopen on June 22
We are sure there will be more stipulations and rules as things become more clear with this reopening process.
For a peek into what Disney Springs looked like when they reopened on May 20, just click that link!
Are you super excited about Disney World reopening? We would love to hear your thoughts about the process. Head on over to our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE and let us know!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- The Do’s And Don’ts Of Using Disney Vacation Travel Planners - January 12, 2021
- Allergy Friendly Disney Inspired No Bake Christmas Cookies - December 22, 2020
- You MUST Do The Jingle Cruise During The Holidays At Magic Kingdom - December 8, 2020