When planning a Disney World Vacation, a lot of people have a hard time deciding if they want to stay at a Disney World Resort or head down the road a little ways to stay off property. So, we are going to address this popular question. Is Staying Off Property During Your Disney World Vacation Worth It?
Staying off property during your Disney World vacation
This question is probably the number one question that is asked over and over again. Especially when planning a trip to Disney World. We have some pros and cons of staying off property!
What IS an Off Property Hotel?
An off property hotel is ANY hotel not located on the Disney World Property or a Hotel that is NOT owned or operated by Disney World.
Trust me. I get it. I am all about saving money and getting the best price. ALL the things. When it comes to a Disney World Vacation, saving money should not be the only reason you choose to stay at an off property hotel. Keep reading, we have some pros and cons when it comes to staying off property.
You know we are all about Disney World and we love the Disney Resort Hotels! However, you will have to decide what is best for your family. Let’s start with the CONS first.
- Less Magical: When you stay at Disney World Resort, you are immersed in the Magic from the time you check-in to the time you check-out. When you are staying off property you have to leave the Magic every night. Some off site hotels will have some Disney decor (most of which are advertisements inviting you to visit Disney World). This just is not the same feel as staying at a Disney themed resort.
- You may pay for parking twice: When you stay at an offsite hotel, you will have to pay for theme park parking daily. This can get very expensive depending on how many days you are planning to visit the parks. Plus, most off-site hotels also have their own parking fees.
Staying off property isn’t all bad! LOL! We are just spoiled to staying in the middle of the magic. But, there are times staying off property maybe a better option for your family.
- Visiting Other Area Theme Parks: If you are planning to visit other theme parks in the area, not just Disney World. We are not really sure why you would want to do this and not spend all of your vacation at Disney World. LOL. You do you. If you do decide to split your vacation between several parks, then staying at an off site hotel maybe more beneficial.
- Spontaneous Trip: Honey, pack a bag, get the kids in the car! We are going to Disney World. You didn’t plan ahead you jumped in the car and the next thing you know you are in Orlando. All of the Disney Resorts are full. Then staying at an off site hotel would be the way to go since you can just walk right in and book a room at most locations.
If you are still unsure of where you should stay for your Disney World Vacation, there are many benefits to using a Disney Travel Planner. They not only help you book the best resort for your family and budget, they also walk you through all of the planning details that go into planning a Disney World Vacation.
We would love to hear from you. Come join us at Disney Express Lane and share your thoughts about staying off property during a Disney Vacation.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Carrie Ponce (see all)
- Why We Love Disney Springs’ Chicken Guy (And So Will You) - June 7, 2021
- Is Staying Off Property During Your Disney World Vacation Worth It? - May 13, 2021
- Disney Springs’ Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Is THE Place To BE - May 4, 2021