Video: Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Magic Kingdom a Disney World Review
Don’t miss the Video: Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Magic Kingdom a Disney World Review to see why this is a classic ride at Walt Disney World Resort!
Dumbo the Flying Elephant is in the Storybook Circus section of Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. Once you pass under the Storybook Circus sign, Dumbo the Flying Elephant is immediately to your right. If you rode the Walt Disney World Railroad to the Fantasyland Station, pass the Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Station and The Barnstormer to get to Dumbo the Flying Elephant. It will be on your left and is hard to miss.
Unique Waiting Area
Once you enter the queue, you will come to a Cast Member. S/he will ask how many is in your party and give you a pager. You can then enter the circus themed play area. This play area is for kids of all ages and looks just like the circus in the 1941 film, Dumbo. There are climbing nets, slides and even a toddler play area in the center. For adults, there is a seating area that is positioned so you are able to keep an eye on your children while you wait. All of this complete with air-conditioning!
The pager you were given by the Cast Member “virtually” holds your place in line while you are able to play and relax inside the waiting area. When your pager goes off, you will head back to the Cast Member podium and they will direct you where to go.
It’s finally your turn to hop on board this classic Disney attraction! You will climb aboard Dumbo, buckle up and wait for lift off! Carnival style music will play as you are flying high above Fantasyland. You are in total control of Dumbo as you are flying! You are able to use the control lever to soar as high as Dumbo will go or fly low. At the end of the ride, everyone’s Dumbo will fly all the way up and then all lower as the ride comes to a stop.
Double the Dumbo
Since Dumbo the Flying Elephant is a classic Disney ride, the line has always had a lengthy wait time. Disney helped this problem by adding a second set of elephants! Now there are two, side-by-side sets of elephants that rotate in opposite directions above Storybook Circus. Because of this, twice as many guests are able to enjoy Dumbo the Flying Elephant in the same amount of time! This equals shorter waiting times!
There is not a height requirement for Dumbo the Flying Elephant. No matter what age or height, everyone in your party will be able to enjoy this ride!
You must be able to transfer from your wheelchair or ECV to ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant.
- FastPass+ is offered for Dumbo the Flying Elephant.
- Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by someone 14 years or older.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant flies in a circle. Even though it is considered a slow ride, if you are prone to motion sickness, this ride could effect you.
- Make sure to ride Dumbo the Flying Elephant at night. You can enjoy a multicolored light show during the ride!
- There is a stationary Dumbo gondola when exiting. Make sure to climb aboard for a photo opportunity! Sometimes there is a Disney Photopass photographer there to make sure everyone is in the picture!
- Don’t run out of the Storybook Circus area when you are finished riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant. There are several other attractions to enjoy in Storybook Circus.
Is Dumbo the Flying Elephant always on your family’s must-do list? It is a must-do for my family! Join us at Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to WaltExpress.com! Check out our most popular posts while you are here, located in the sidebar and you can "like” our Facebook page here and receive new posts in your news stream. Thanks for visiting!
GetDeals, Tips, and Updates Delivered to Your Inbox!
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo, you're in! Check your inbox for a special message from us!