Don’t count this roller coaster out just because of its size. Check out the Video: The Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini a Disney World Review to see that this little coaster packs a punch!
The Barnstormer is in the Magic Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World Resort. It is in the Storybook Circus section of the new Fantasyland. As you pass under the Storybook Circus sign, The Barnstormer is on the right in the back of this area. You can find The Barnstormer across from the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad.
A Bit of History
From 1988 to 1996, today’s Storybook Circus area in Fantasyland was known as Mickey’s Birthdayland section. Grandma Duck’s Petting Farm, with barn included, was located where The Barnstormer is today.
When Grandma Duck’s Petting Farm closed in 1996, construction began on The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm in Mickey’s Toontown Fair. This new attraction was themed as an airplane school taught by Goofy himself. The barn from Grandma Duck’s Petting Farm was incorporated into the new junior roller coaster. As you were barreling along the track you sped right through the barn, and even saw a trio of chickens clucking away.
In early 2011, with the new Fantasyland expansion, The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm closed. With this expansion, Mickey’s Toontown was rethemed as the Storybook Circus area as well as the retheming of The Barnstormer at Goofy’s Wiseacre Farm to The Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini.
With a height requirement of only 35″, The Barnstormer is a lot of kids’ very first experience on a real life roller coaster. It’s such an exciting time when your child hits that magical height and can experience more and more. I love that Disney has so many options no matter how small or tall!
Step into Goofy‘s hangar and climb aboard your very own homemade stunt plane. Once on you will take to the skies for some daredevil feats! When you pull out of the hangar you start-up the big incline. As an adult, this incline isn’t all that high comparing it with bigger roller coasters so I always like to imagine myself as a child and how big this hill must really look! Hold on as you top the hill and take the first drop. There are twists and turns and ups and downs as you go soaring through the sky! Finally you make your way around a fast, swooping turn before pulling back into the hangar. Whew…that was a fast trip!
Accessibility and Other Information
You must be able to transfer from your wheelchair or ECV to ride The Barnstormer.
Service animals are not permitted on The Barnstormer
- This ride has a 35″ height requirement.
- Fastpass+ is available for this attraction.
- Even though FastPass+ is available, stand-by wait times are generally low.
- The Barnstormer offers Rider Switch.
- Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by someone 14 years or older.
- The queue is in the blazing Florida sun, but with sunshades and fans strategically placed it is definitely bearable.
- This ride is geared toward the smaller Disney World guests, but don’t think you won’t enjoy it as an adult. It’s actually quite fast!
- Once you top the hill, make sure to take in the view. You will see the Beast’s castle and Cinderella’s castle.
- If you have small kids, don’t rush out of Storybook Circus without seeing the other attractions; Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station, and character experiences at Pete’s Silly Side Show.
Was The Barnstormer your child’s first experience on a roller coaster? What did you think about it as an adult? We would love for you to leave a comment below or join us at Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.