Disney World without a dining plan. Those words just really taste bad. We understand and we get it, but it still isn’t a pretty picture. Dining is expensive at the parks and the Disney dining plans help us to save money. Which in turn means if we save money on dining, we can spend it on trading pins and other essentials! We are here to help.
Disney World Without A Dining Plan
If you have a Disney World vacation planned in the near future, you will be doing Disney World without a dining plan. I know, we don’t like to say it out loud either. But, we ARE here to help. If you missed the first section we did on Disney World without a dining plan, just click the link. We had so many of you asking questions and needing MORE tips, so here is our TAKE TWO!
Think About Your Resort/Hotel Options
Stay at a resort/hotel with a kitchen or kitchenette. There are several Disney Resorts that offer a kitchen or kitchenette. It’s important to have a plan and find a resort that will accommodate your needs. The following resorts have kitchens or kitchenettes at Disney World! A kitchenette usually just has your basic needs: a refrigerator (may be smaller size), sink and microwave. The full kitchen will have it all!
- All Star Music, family suite (kitchenette)
- Art of Animation, family suite (kitchenette)
- Cabins at Fort Wilderness (full kitchen)
- Deluxe Villas at multiple resorts (some have kitchenettes, some have full kitchens)
Stay off property. These words taste almost as bad as no dining plan, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Some off property hotels/resorts offer rooms with full kitchens. Talk to your travel planner if this is something you may be interested in. Your travel planner is your best asset when planning a vacation. They will help you determine what is best for your family!
- Plan menus. Speaking of menus, our family loves tacos, nachos and spaghetti. These are easy to make and require very little time!
- Make it at home. Just listen, it’s not bad! Pre-make some meals and pack in a cooler to bring to the resort/hotel.
- Cook extra and freeze. For a couple of weeks before you travel, prepare a little extra and freeze! We love to do this with muffins and other breakfast items.
- Take groceries. We also like to order from Garden Grocer, Instacart or Walmart. This one works well for our Disney friends who are flying and can’t pack as much!
- Bring sandwiches. Yep, bring your own to the parks along with other snacks.
Disney World Without The Dining Plan is DOABLE!
Even if you aren’t staying in a resort or hotel with a kitchen, you can still save! Bring a cooler and pack some groceries, such as deli meat for sandwiches! Every little bit saved, helps!
Did you know that we have an amazing Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, dedicated to all things Disney? Join us today! We also have friends over at WALT EXPRESS TRAVEL. They would love to share their expertise and help you plan the most perfect Disney World (or other Disney Destination) vacation!
A big THANKS to our Disney friend, Greg, for sharing some of his delicious pics with us!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: Contactless Entry, Epcot Food and Wine, Disney World Refurbishments and Aulani - April 5, 2021
- Weekly Roundup: Animal Kingdom, Main Street Confectionary and Disneyland California News - March 29, 2021
- Weekly Roundup: Disneyland, Flower and Garden Merchandise, Disney Cruise Line and Magic Kingdom Attractions - March 22, 2021