Do we really need an excuse for more Disney “flavor” in our lives? No, I don’t think so. I honestly believe that everything is a little better with just a touch of Disney. In this case, a touch of Mickey. Here is a family favorite recipe that taste as good as it looks and is super easy, too! These Mickey Butter Cake Bars will have your mouth watering before they are even done.
Mickey Butter Cake Bars
This recipe is a family favorite and they are super easy to make. You probably have all the ingredients right there in your pantry. Let’s get started.
Grab the kids!
- Mix the yellow cake mix, butter and eggs. This concoction will get a little hard to mix, it’s very thick. Once it’s mixed well, press into the pan.
- Next, mix up the cream cheese (I soften mine first in the microwave for a few seconds). Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake mixture and spread out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until the bars are a beautiful golden brown. The toothpick trick doesn’t work too well on this recipe, just because they are quite gooey.
Your kitchen will begin to smell buttery and vanilla-y (is that even a word?). I like to cook these just to make my kitchen smell like The Confectionery in the Magic Kingdom.
- Once the bars are done, let them cool completely. Grab your favorite cookie cutter and cut the bars. Of course, my favorite is the Mickey Mouse cutter!
- As soon as all of the bars are out of the pan and on your favorite serving platter, close your eyes and touch your nose and ALL dishes will magically be clean! OK, this part may or may not work, but the recipe will definitly bring some magic to your home.
Voila! Delicious Mickey Butter Cake Bars.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Is it EVEN Worth Visiting Disney World Right Now? - June 2, 2020
- Why We Absolutely LOVE Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party - May 28, 2020
- Disney World Announces Plan To Reopen On July 11 With Phased Openings - May 27, 2020
Follow on Instagram