Curious about how to get groceries and necessities delivered to you while you are visiting Disney World? Check out one option we used on our last trip! Groceries Delivered to Disney World: Instacart and Publix.
Groceries Delivered to Disney World: Instacart and Publix
Whether you are staying on-site in a Disney World Resort or staying off-site, you may need groceries and a few necessities! Walt Express knows you don’t want to take time away from your magical vacation to grocery shop.
We stayed off-site recently and were able to do a little cooking! Of course, we needed groceries. We decided to give Publix grocery delivery a try! I have to say, we were pretty impressed with the whole transaction. Just go to the Publix website and sign up! Your first delivery is FREE! Once you have signed up (you can do this from your phone also), just start shopping and adding things to your cart. They even have items on sale and we found there was not a “mark up”. The prices were pretty true to the store’s actual pricing.
After you have signed up through the website (again this is available right from your phone), simply start shopping and adding groceries into your cart. Once you are finished, just “check-out”. You will schedule a delivery time during the check-out process. We ordered our groceries in the late evening for delivery the next day at 9 a.m. We received confirmation texts to our phone letting us know our order was confirmed. You will also pay using a debit or credit card. There were NO added fees at all! We simply paid for the groceries we purchased, nothing more.
The next morning, we also received texts letting us know that our “personal shopper” was at Publix, grabbing our requested items. At about 8:50 a.m., I walked down to the hotel lobby and at promptly 8:55 a.m., my personal shopper had arrived with all my of groceries. This was by far, the easiest way we have ever gotten groceries delivered while visiting Disney World.
- Instacart is a grocery delivery service that delivers in as little as an hour! You will be connected with a Personal Shopper in the area who picks up and delivers your groceries from your favorite local stores. Instacart is not a retailer or a seller of groceries or other merchandise.
- Instacart is available for other grocery stores other than Publix. We liked Public best just because they offered the “first delivery free” service. We paid for the price of groceries and a little tip for the driver.
- There is a paid premium service available through Instacart, but we did not purchase this because it’s not available in the area we live in. If it were available in my area, I would have considered the monthly membership fee. You do not have to have the paid premium service to take advantage of this.
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure you or someone in your party is available at the delivery time.
- Order in advance or within a couple of hours.
- Check out more right here: INSTACART AND PUBLIX FAQ’S
- Sometimes the stores may be out of an item you requested. During the shopping process, you can add a “substitution”, meaning if the store is out of the item you requested, a substitution may be purchased.
- Delivery is also available to the Disney World Resorts and many “off-site” hotels and resorts.
- Changes are also able to be made, up until a couple of hours before delivery.
- Check out a few more ways that Walt Express likes to have groceries delivered: GROCERY DELIVERY IN ORLANDO.
Stay tuned to Walt Express for more ways to have groceries delivered while visiting Disney World and Orlando destinations!
Be sure to check out our Facebook group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, for more great Disney tips!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Guide To The 2018 Star Wars Galactic Nights In Disney’s Hollywood Studios - April 16, 2018
- Menu For Woody’s Lunchbox In Toy Story Land At Hollywood Studios - April 9, 2018
- Cheap Eats And Souvenirs At Disney World: The Kitchen Sink - April 4, 2018