We don’t have to tell you that it’s been a long year. But we are going to tell you anyway. It’s been a long year. Lots of changes, lots of unknown. BUT, there’s a great big beautiful tomorrow and it’s all ready for the holidays. This is much needed excitement! The holidays are back at Disney World and we have the scoop. Keep reading for everything you need to know!
Holidays Are Back At Disney Word
The holidays are back at Disney World for 2020 and we couldn’t be happier. We have a breakdown of what you can expect at each park, Disney Springs, and more. It does look a little different this year, but that’s OK! At least we do get some Christmas Cheer when visiting our favorite place in the WORLD! That just makes me SO happy! Here is a list of some holiday cheer you will find everywhere in Disney World. There are still social distancing and face mask rules in place. Meet and greets are also a little different as well. No touchy touchy!
- Sweet holiday treats can be found throughout Disney World! Click this link for sweet treat locations!
- You will find season decorations in each park! Plus, several attractions will be showing off their best holiday spirit!
- MUST HAVE holiday merchandise, everywhere!!
- Disney World Resorts are also in the holiday spirit! You will find seasonal decorations AND sweet treats at various locations.
- Holiday magic can be found November 6 to December 30, 2020.
There are still social distancing and face mask rules in place. Meet and greets are also a little different as well. No touchy touchy! But, it’s STILL Disney World and it’s the holidays! What could be better?
Magic Kingdom Park
- Castle Projections: Watch in awe as Cinderella Castle is transformed with cheerful projections.
- Themed Character Cavalcades: Wave to Mickey and friends as they show off their holiday spirit during festive sightings. Also a special appearance by Santa Claus himself!
- Holiday Trolley: Don’t miss the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet as they head right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. on a horse-drawn trolley, delivering merry melodies along the way.
- Main Street Philharmonic: Feel the holiday spirit as Toy Soldiers join the Main Street Philharmonic as they march through Magic Kingdom park, bringing musical holiday cheer for all to hear.
There is SOOOOOO much going on at Epcot during the holiday season. For a complete list, click here: Epcot and the holidays.
- Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays: From November 27 to December 30, be sure to visit our Holiday Kitchens and also take part in our sweet Holiday Cookie Stroll.
- Santa Claus Promenade: Witness Santa Claus’s grand tour around World Showcase in his horse-drawn sleigh, wishing everyone a happy holiday season.
- Mickey and Friends Holiday World Tour: Look for Mickey Mouse and his pals all dressed in their seasonal finest.
- Frozen Holiday Promenade: Watch Queen Anna and Elsa ring in the season, journeying from country to country and waving to their fans—like you—along the way.
- New! Olaf’s Holiday Tradition Expedition Scavenger Hunt: Have a blast tracking down all of the things on Olaf’s list during this fun scavenger hunt.
Back during the very first Holidays Around the World in Epcot’s World Showcase (now known as Festival of the Holidays), we met Pere Noel! Just one of the many reasons we fell in love with this festival. Click that link and see why!
You will also find some amazing seasonal music in Epcot!
- JOYFUL! A Celebration of the Season will entertain you with soulful R&B, Gospel, contemporary and traditional Christmas tunes inside the World Showplace.
- The Epcot pianist will take the stage at the World Showplace to perform festive set of holiday music from around the world.
- America Gardens Theatre will play host to a rotating lineup of holiday performances. Such performances include: Voices of Liberty and the Mariachi Cobre. Celebrating Las Posadas—a tribute to Mexican holiday customs.
- The JAMMitors will rock the Mill Stage at the Canada Pavilion.
- Santa Claus Festive Flotilla: See Santa Claus as he sails down the Discovery River to a jolly, world-beat holiday soundtrack.
- Donald’s Dino Bash Festive Flotilla: Discover Donald Duck and friends taking their holiday celebration to the water, waving to everyone as they traverse the Discovery River.
- Chip & Dale’s Festive Flotilla: Groove with Chip ‘n’ Dale as they bring their own style of festive flair to the park’s waterways, jingling through the jungle to the rhythm of the holidays.
- Mickey and Friends Festive Flotilla: Wave to Mickey and pals as they head downriver on a holiday safari filled with Christmas-time fun.
- Discovery Island Drummers Festive Flotilla: Feel the beat as a colorful group of percussionists cruise along the Discovery River, entertaining Guests like you on the shore.
Plus, be sure to check out Tree of Life Awakenings – Holiday Edition, where our beloved tree shimmers and sparkles each evening, alive with the magic of nature and the spirit of the holidays.
- Santa Claus Motorcade: Catch the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade, where an entourage of Elves leads jolly old St. Nick up Hollywood Blvd. in his candy-apple red convertible, packed with a sack of presents!
- The Hollywood Holiday Tower Hotel: Watch the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel make its evening transformation, giving a playful nod to a variety of fan favorite tales including The Muppets, Toy Story, Frozen and Mickey’s Christmas Carol.
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine: Don’t miss Minnie’s yuletide dining experience at this popular restaurant.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Look forward to an unforgettable finale featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf.
- Seasonal Décor: Capture photos of our special festive touches.
- Santa’s Winter Watercade: Santa and Mrs. Claus are soaking up the last bit of Florida sun before their big night, taking to Lake Buena Vista in a Winter Waterland of colorfully decorated pontoon boats and waving Christmas wishes to Guests as they enjoy Disney Springs.
- Holiday Scavenger Hunt: Go on a quest across Disney Springs in this new holiday family tradition that respects physical distancing guidelines. Hint: don’t forget to check out those stunning themed Christmas Trees for clues!
- Special Entertainment: Create new memories, start new traditions and enjoy time together! Explore Disney Springs and be entertained by Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers and Snowflake Skaters. Waterside Stage and Exposition Park host DJs that keep the tunes flowing throughout the day.
- Let It Snow: Snow flurries are in the forecast for Town Center and the West Side. In the evenings, delight in a magical snowfall, adding an extra touch of wonder to your holiday shopping.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar Holiday Takeover: Head to this restaurant-meets-lounge for a fun holiday twist on its décor and more.
- Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth: This year, discover Christmas around every corner, as you come across a collection of elaborately decorated Disney Christmas trees spread throughout the neighborhoods of Disney Springs.
What are some of your favorite Disney World memories? We would love it if you shared with us in our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE. Also, if you are planning a trip to the magic, we have friends over at WALT EXPRESS TRAVEL, that would love to help you. Their services are FREE when you book your vacation with them! Disney World has seasonal offers available that would make your vacation even better!
A BIG thank you to our friends Vince, Tammy, Carrie and Kassady for sharing some of their magical photos!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- 10 Tips On How To Survive Disney World During Thanksgiving Holidays - November 17, 2020
- The Holidays Are Back At Disney World And Here’s All We Know! - November 10, 2020
- Breaking News: Early 2021 Discount Released For Disney World + MORE - October 21, 2020