Everyone is on “Galaxy’s Edge” awaiting news on the new land coming to Disney Parks in 2019. We have a brand new Update: What To Expect In Star Wars Galaxy Edge In Disney World, right here!
Update: What To Expect In Star Wars Galaxy Edge In Disney World
We are all on “edge” waiting for news on Galaxy’s Edge! If you have been on another planet lately and haven’t heard, Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019! We are over the moon on this news! Here is a sneak peek on what you can expect in this new land.
Here is what we know right now! I have to admit, I am pretty excited about BLUE MILK!
1. It Opens Next Year! – Opening date is currently set at 2019. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland® Resort will debut first and the land at the Walt Disney World® Resort will debut second.
2. It’s Set On The Planet Batuu – At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, you will visit Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but its prominence was bypassed by the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe haven for those intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order.
4. A Second Attraction Planned for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Puts You On A Star Destroyer – This attraction, “built on a scale we’ve never done before,” will make you feel like you’re inside a hangar bay in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. (The name of this attraction is still yet to be released).
5. A Cantina Will Serve Up Blue Milk – Only one food and beverage item has been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so far and that’s the blue milk Luke Skywalker made famous in “Star Wars IV: A New Hope.”
6. Expect To See Characters From A Galaxy Far, Far Away – You will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and – among many others – Rex, the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of a certain Disney attraction who takes on a new role in this land as the DJ at the cantina.
7. The Land Will Feature Marketplaces & New Toys – Imagineers looked to the exotic markets of Istanbul and Marrakech for inspiration for the land’s marketplace, where you can explore a rich collection of shops and merchant stalls. One stall will be overseen by a Toydarian, a creatures fans first encountered on Tatooine in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Here, you will be able to discover all kinds of fun toys straight out of the Star Wars galaxy.
Head on over to our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, for lots of Disney news and updates! We have got you covered!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Disney 101: The Disney Dining Plans for Walt Disney World - January 22, 2019
- Garden Grill: A Disney World Dining Review - January 17, 2019
- 2019 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Tickets On Sale NOW - January 15, 2019
Follow on Instagram