Do you want to design your very own car and then see how it performs in various road tests? Then Test Track at Epcot is for you! Check out Video: Test Track Presented by Chevrolet at Epcot a Disney World Review to find out everything you need to know about this exciting experience!
After entering Epcot, head straight under the “Epcot ball” that houses Spaceship Earth. Once you come to the beautiful water fountain in Future World, take a left. You will pass between an Innoventions building and the Mouse Gear shop. After passing these buildings, head to the right and Test Track will be straight ahead.
Tier 1 Attraction
Test Track is a Tier 1 attraction at Epcot. This refers to Disney’s Fastpass+ system in place. Attractions at Epcot are separated into two tiers for FastPass+ selections. You are allowed to choose one attraction from the Tier 1 list and two attractions from the Tier 2 list. If Test Track is a must for you, you will either want to choose it as your attraction from the Tier 1 list or be at Epcot at opening and head straight for the stand-by queue.
The queue for Test Track, like most Disney World attractions, is an experience in itself. With items on display that show the advancement in technology at Chevrolet, your wait time passes by a little more quickly!
You will come to a point within the queue where you will be asked your party size and then put in a holding area. Doors will open and you will enter the Chevrolet Design Center. Here, using touch screen monitors, you will design your very own virtual concept car. Your design will be based on four testing criteria; handling, maneuverability, efficiency and speed. The fun part comes when you add final touches to your design with color and some pretty neat decals!
If you are a car enthusiast, this ride and queue is definitely for you!
Right before boarding your Test Track ride vehicle, you will want to scan your MagicBand to make sure your design is entered. As you pass through the various tests, there will be charts scoring how each design represented in your ride vehicle performed.
During the first test you will see how well your design handles different road surface conditions. With weather ever changing, this test takes you through a couple of sequences of extreme conditions. Aerodynamics (think handling) is also a part of the capability testing. Make sure you watch on either side of your ride vehicle to see exactly how the air moves over your car.
The next test is responsiveness and maneuverability. You will be taken up and down hills and around sharp curves to see just how well your virtual concept car handles the road. Watch out for that semi-truck on the left!
The final test is what everyone has waited for…power! You speed toward closed doors that open just in the nick of time. Once open, you are speeding outside around a 1-mile track. With banked curves and a long straightaway, it is here you will reach a speed of 65mph.
After Your Ride Experience
Don’t think that after hitting that speed of 65mph your experience is over. After exiting your ride vehicle, there are a few hands-on exhibits for you!
- See exactly how well your very own concept design scored during the test drive.
- Make a commercial, starring you, of your concept vehicle design and then email it to share with your friends.
- In a smaller test, steer your design through obstacles and varying conditions and terrain.
- Get a picture with your favorite Chevrolet and include your virtual design with a beautiful background.
- FastPass+ is available for Test Track and recommended.
- Test Track is a Tier 1 attraction at Epcot.
- Test Track offers Rider Switch for parties that have members that do not meet the height requirement or prefer not to ride.
- Children less than 7 years old must be accompanied by someone 14 years or older.
You must be 40 inches or taller to ride Test Track. If someone in your party is less than 40 inches, they will not be allowed to ride.
Accessibility & Other Information
You must be able to transfer from your wheelchair or ECV.
Language Translation Devices are available upon request.
Do you love Test Track at Epcot? Join us at Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to talk about Test Track and everything Disney!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: Magical Express, Vaccine Sites and Passholder Changes - January 21, 2021
- Weekly Roundup: Disney World Tips, Tricks and Information - January 14, 2021
- 5 Not So Ordinary Things To Remember When Going To Disney World - December 15, 2020