Are you heading to Magic Kingdom for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party this year? If so, you will definitly want to take a peek at our Hacks For Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! These hacks will make your party experience much more enjoyable.
Hacks For Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
Party time is precious and we know you want to make the most out of the experience. These are just a few hacks that we have found to work for us and we are super excited to share them with our favorite readers! We hope you have a SPOOK-TACULAR time at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!!
- BEST TIME TO ATTEND: August and September are both great months to attend this party! We have found that Sunday and Tuesday nights seem to have lower crowds.
- PARTY TICKET: All you need to attend this party is a Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party ticket. You do not need a separate admission ticket to Magic Kingdom. You can purchase your ticket through the Disney World website, or just let your favorite travel planner grab it for you! Party dates closer to the end of October will sell out, so don’t wait!
- SLEEP LATE: Sleeping late at Disney World? YES!! On your party day, sleep in and grab lunch at your resort. Don’t do a park on your party day. This saves money and most importantly, your feet! This also allows your little ones as much rest as possible for a long, eventful night!
- Enter the park as early as 4 pm! With a party ticket, you are allowed to enter Magic Kingdom Park as early as 4 pm, giving you 3 extra hours to explore BEFORE the party even begins at 7 pm!
- FAST PASSES: Yes, you CAN make fast passes on a party day before the party begins. At 6 pm, fast passes will no longer be available because they are simply not needed during the event. On most rides and attractions, you will be able to just walk on!
- BACKPACKS: Bring backpacks for the candy overload you will receive! There are tons of trick or treat stations throughout the park and you are allowed to go through them as many times as you wish.
- COSTUMES: Adults and children both can wear costumes as long as you follow the guidelines for wearing costumes. It gets very HOT in Orlando, especially during August and September. I would seriously recommend wearing a cute Halloween t-shirt and shorts. I know you will want to dress up in your Halloween finest, but after about an hour, you will be at the Emporium purchasing new clothes!
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Speaking of dressing up, this hack is genius!! Make your child an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Magic Kingdom location) before the party. Bring or purchase their costume and BAM!, you’re done! The boutique offers a knight’s package for boys that INCLUDES a sword and shield for $19.95! We had a t-shirt made for my little knight that said “Prince Charming” and he was good to go. I did get “conned” into purchasing the cape for an additional $16.95. Totally worth it though! If you cannot get a reservation for the Magic Kingdom location, there are two other locations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Disney Springs and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- EAT DINNER between 4-6 pm! While there are MANY treats during the party, you will definitly want to grab a meal before the festivities begin. Get a quick service meal between 4-6 pm and don’t miss anything during the party.
- CHARACTERS: You will find characters throughout the park during the party. However, there are some very rare character meet and greets that you will only find at this event! If this is important to you, get in line early and be prepared to wait a couple of hours. The downside to this is missing those hours before the party begins or during the party. Moana is located at Adventureland’s Tiki Room, the Seven Dwarfs are located in Fantasyland and Jack and Sally will be found at the Town Square Theater on Main Street.
- Exclusive Party Merchandise: The more “exclusive” party merchandise will not be out until the party begins at 7 pm and they do sell out. I recommend grabbing your merchandise first thing! You can find party pins at the Emporium before the party begins!
- TO THE LEFT! When the party begins, start at the left of the park, heading into Adventureland first. Most everyone heads to Fantasyland first. There will be a big treat station to the right (before Tomorrowland Terrace), and you will find a lot of photo ops there. If this is important to you, head there first then on to Adventureland, going against the crowds. We did this and ended up in Fantasyland during the first parade. This allowed for very low crowds by the time we got to the Monstrous Scream-O-Ween Ball and Disney DescenDANCE Party! SEVEN DWARFS MINE TRAIN: This is one of the MOST popular rides and everyone will head there first thing! I hope you were paying attention earlier, HEAD TO THE LEFT of the park when the party begins and by the time you get to Fantasyland, crowds will be lower! HAPPY DANCE!
- Speaking of PARADES: There will be two parades during the party. I highly suggest catching the second parade, it’s way less crowded! Same exact parade, just less people…WIN WIN!
- PARTY TREATS: There will be lots of delicious party only treats available throughout the night. Take a peek at our party guide, we have maps of everything, so you will know where you want to begin snacking!! Most snacks are on the Disney Dining Plan. The wedding cake, however, is not.
- Bring GLOW STICKS: Yes, you can totally bring your own glow sticks, bracelets, necklaces, etc.
- Bring PONCHOS: Just bring them.
- DON’T RUSH! It’s easy to get overwhelmed at these special events. You want to make sure you are getting the most out of the experience. However, don’t be a in a huge rush, you might miss something pretty special. Take time to sit and eat a snack, just to take it all in.
- STAY PUT: After the fireworks, some people leave because they think the party is over. Oh no, my naive friend. You still have tons of time to party with the baddies!
- POPCORN BUCKETS: Save money and purchase a popcorn bucket. They will have party exclusive buckets available and you are allowed to refill them for only $2!!
- WAIT TILL THE VERY END: Don’t be that person that runs over other people because you are afraid the bus will leave you and you will be stuck at Magic Kingdom forever (although I would personally LOVE being stuck there forever). Wait it out and let the crowds leave. There will be buses waiting for you and you will get out!
We hope you have enjoyed about Mickey’s Halloween Party Hacks! Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is an amazing experience. It’s truly one of our favorites! Walt Express has a fantastic guide to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! Click that link and check it out!
We have a great Facebook Group and would LOVE to have you join us! DISNEY EXPRESS LANE.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- 15 Genius Hacks For Epcot’s Food And Wine Festival At Disney World - September 12, 2019
- 20 Hacks For Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party At Magic Kingdom - September 5, 2019
- Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge At Hollywood Studios Is Officially Open - August 29, 2019
Follow on Instagram