We are all excited that Walt Disney World theme parks will be reopening soon. Many preparations are already under way at the theme parks as well as the Disney World Resort hotels. We have been planning daily for our upcoming trips back to our happy place. As we stay up to date, here are 5 Things You Need To Do Before Your Next Disney World Vacation. Things are progressing FAST and we want to make sure you are in the know as well.
5 Things You Need To Do NOW
If you have a reservation at a Disney World Resort during the initial reopening of the theme parks, there are some things you need to know. Some of these things you can even do before you go. You can even start today! We want you to be able to plan accordingly for your family to ensure that you have the best “new normal” magical experience possible.
- If you are traveling from out of state to Florida, you will need to make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. You can visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information.
- You will need to have a confirmed room reservation for your stay. Make sure to link your reservation to your My Disney Experience account so that you can receive important information prior to your arrival. It is important to have the latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled. This one is VERY IMPORTANT. With the new PARK RESERVATION SYSTEM in place, you will need to be sure your room and tickets are properly linked to your My Disney Experience.
- Disney’s Magical Express Services will be available if you will be arriving/departing from Orlando International Airport. Due to the current situation, many airlines have modified their flight schedules. You will want to make sure to check your flight information. If you plan to use Disney’s Magical Express service, be sure to let your travel agent know as soon as possible so they can get this set up for you. If you are not traveling through an agent you can call (407) 939-1936 to make arrangements.
- To help with Physical distancing efforts, it is strongly recommend that you use Online Check-In Service in advance. This can be done through the My Disney Experience app or website, simply by clicking ONLINE CHECK IN. When your room is ready, your Disney Resort will send you a room-ready notification. You can use either a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience app digital key feature to enter your room! I really like this feature. We have used it several times before all of these changes. Automatic Check Out also known as Express Resort Checkout, will also be available on the day you are scheduled to checkout. You’ll be automatically checked out of your room. There is not need to visit the Front Desk (unless you have unresolved charges to your Disney Resort hotel folio). This amenity has previously been available, but is really great for social distancing.
- A new feature will be coming to the My Disney Experience App starting June 22nd. Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member. This feature will allow you to chat with a Resort Cast Member for assistance during your stay. This new feature will offer convenient support nearly anytime so there will be no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.
Do Your Part!
Do your part to stay safe! As an extra layer of precaution, check the temperatures of everyone in your party including yourself before leaving home. If anyone is sick please, reschedule your trip for a later date. It may be a good idea to bring your thermometer to keep check on your family at the resort before leaving for the parks. As a reminder, all guest will be screened prior to entry of the theme park. Anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be directed to another location and will not be allowed to enter the parks. Anyone traveling with guests who displays fever will also not be allowed to enter the park.
Are you patiently waiting to revisit the magic? Visit our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, and stay up to date on all of the Disney World happenings!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Carrie Ponce (see all)
- How To Make Easter Egg Cake Pops With A Disney Spin - April 1, 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Disneyland Reopening - March 18, 2021
- Tiffins Restaurant At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park Surprised Us - February 18, 2021