Kids know Disney World and Disney World knows kids. We have a Disney Pro with us today letting us in on a few Animal Kingdom favorites from a 10 year old’s perspective. We think this specialist is right on the money with this one!
Animal Kingdom For Kids
What is there to do in Animal Kingdom for kids? Will they get “bored” at Animal Kingdom? Isn’t it like a regular zoo? Yes, people really ask these questions! The short answer to these questions is a big fat NO! Your children WILL NOT get bored and it’s NOT like a “regular” zoo AND there is literally TONS to do at Animal Kingdom. Let’s see what the expert says about this!
Our 10 year old professional gives us her top attractions in Animal Kingdom and WHY your 10 year old may love them too! Grown up “10 year olds” will also LOVE these attractions as well! We are pretty sure of that!
- EXPEDITION EVEREST: This is the perfect spot to see ALL of Animal Kingdom and it’s a beautiful site! Watch out for the broken tracks and the Yeti that is waiting for you. EEEKKKKK!!!!
- AVATAR FLIGHT OF PASSAGE: “It’s just awesome”. I think that pretty much sums up this attraction! You will ride on the back on the banshee for a terrific view and some very interesting encounters. You will want to try to grab a fast pass for this one, the standby line gets pretty long! Yes, it’s still THAT popular!
- NA’VI RIVER JOURNEY: This journey takes you through a bright and colorful world while learning all about the Na’vi and the inhabitants of Pandora.
- KALI RIVER RAPIDS: You will get wet and we are hoping it’s from the wet seats and not an “accident”! HA! PRO TIP: Bring a poncho to sit on!
- KILIMANJARO SAFARI: If you love animals like our pro does, then don’t miss this attraction. Our pro tells us that the best time to visit the safari is at “dusk”, or later in the evening. This is when the animals are most active.
- ADVENTURE OUTPOST, MEET AND GREET: At this meet and greet, you will get to visit Safari Mickey and Minnie! This is a real treat. The only other spot you will find Safari Mickey and Minnie is at Tusker House restaurant!
BONUS: Kevin from the movie, UP! is sometimes wandering around the park. “Go with the feathers” and you may just catch a sneak peek of this interactive character. He is pretty fun to hang around.
Some of these attractions do have a HEIGHT RESTRICTION. Remember, these restrictions are for the protection of your children. Know before you go by clicking the link.
We hope you have enjoyed Animal Kingdom for kids! Stay tuned as our specialist keeps us in the “Disney know” with more kid friendly favorites for each park at Disney World!
Did you know we have a dedicated Facebook Group where we talk about all things Disney and have lots of fun? We sure do and would love to have you with us! DISNEY EXPRESS LANE!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- 12 Things At Disney World Parks That Make You Want To Cuss - June 18, 2020
- Money Saving Tips As You Prepare For Your Next Disney World Vacation! - June 16, 2020
- Disney World Copycat Recipes: Mickey Waffles - May 19, 2020