Are you a Disney World fan or does your heart belong to Disneyland? Do you know the difference between the two? They are NOT the same! Believe it or not, these two places are completely different! If you don’t know the differences, keep reading, Top 8 Differences Between Disneyland And Disney World and find out. We personally think you should visit both!
Spot the Differences Between Disney World and Disneyland?
Disney World and Disneyland are both absolutely amazing places to visit. We believe that you can’t go wrong with either destination. There are some major differences between the two though.
These two magical destinations have MAJOR differences and believe it or not, people get them confused very easily! Once you know the differences, we think you will be able to really plan the perfect vacation to the perfect Disney Destination!
- Disneyland: Located in California
- Disney World: Located in Florida
The Castles: We bet you knew that both Disneyland and Disney World have beautiful and amazing castles. Did you know that the castles belong to different princesses? Yes!
- Disneyland: The castle at Disneyland, California belongs to Aurora, AKA Sleeping Beauty!
- Disney World: The castle at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom belongs to Cinderella! Disney World’s Magic Kingdom also has another castle! That would be the Beast’s castle!
Happiest and Magical: Yes, both make you very happy and both are truly magical, BUT…
- Disneyland: Disneyland in California is the “happiest place on Earth”.
- Disney World: Disney World in Florida is the most “magical place on Earth”.
- Disneyland: Disneyland offers the MaxPass service. Disney MaxPass is available for $15 per day, per ticket. You are not allowed to make fast passes in advance.
- Disney World: Fast Passes come with your Disney World vacation and you are allowed to make them 60 days in advance (if staying on property at a Disney World resort)! Yes, you read that correctly! Initially, you will receive three fast passes each day of your park visit. After you use those first three fast passes, more can be made one at a time from the My Disney Experience APP on your phone.
- Disneyland: No dining plans are offered.
- Disney World: If you are staying on property at a Disney World resort, you have the option of adding a Disney Dining Plan to your package.
Memory Maker/PhotoPass Service:
- Disneyland: Included with a MaxPass ticket purchase.
- Disney World: Memory Maker is available to purchase for $199 (if purchased in advance of your vacation, it’s $169).
- Disneyland has two parks: Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park
- Disney World has four parks: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios
- Disneyland: Three on-site resorts and also offers good neighbor hotels.
- Disney World: You will find 25 resorts to choose from at Disney World. Plus, they offer good neighbor hotels as well. 25 is a pretty large number. If you need help in choosing a resort that is perfect for your family, just click this link: CHOOSING A DISNEY WORLD RESORT.
Did you know that Disney has other destinations around the world? Yes! There are Disney destinations all over the world.
- Disneyland Paris
- Shanghai Disney
- Tokyo Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneyland
Can you say BUCKET LIST?
No matter which Disney park you choose, you are sure to find lots of fun and magic! Happy Disney-ing, my friends!!
If you LOVE Disneyland and Disney World, you will LOVE our Facebook Group: DISNEY EXPRESS LANE! Join us today and get your “Disney fix“!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Top 5 Favorites At Disney World’s EPCOT During The Holidays - November 5, 2019
- 10 Tips On How To Survive Disney World During Thanksgiving Holidays - October 17, 2019
- Breaking News: Early 2020 Discount Released For Disney World - October 4, 2019
Follow on Instagram