Afraid your child will put up a fight with you about wearing a protective mask to a Disney Park? No worries! Make sure you check out 7 Tips to Encourage Your Child to Wear a Mask at a Disney Park. Especially since Disney World started opening back up today with their phased opening! Can I get an AMEN?! Yeah, baby! These tips will help encourage everyone to wear a mask!
I know it may be hard to get your child to wear a mask, especially in the hot Summer weather. The younger they are the worse it can be. Hopefully these tips will help you with your next Disney Vacation. Just wear a mask!
Wear a Mask at a Disney Park
- For the little ones, (throw-away) disposable masks may not be the best option for them since the elastic ear loops may start bothering the back of their ears. A better option may be the small cloth Disney masks with the cloth ear loops.
- Take plenty of snack breaks where your child can take the mask off and breath better for a short period of time.
- For the teens and adults make sure you take plenty of gum and mints. Nothing is fun about smelling your own breathe behind a mask. Am I right, or am I right?
- Keep in mind disposable masks may start to smell after you sweat for quit a while.
- You may start noticing that disposable masks may start to disintegrate as the day goes on. The fibers will start to separate. So make sure you bring extra if this is the type of face mask you choose.
- Let the little ones pick out their own mask design. It may be easier to convince them to start wearing it if they pick it out.
- And of course, do not forget….the teens will probably want masks that match their outfit. I mean come on, it is all about the fashion, right?
Okay not a tip anyone wants to hear, BUT it needs to be said so you are more comfortable. Guys make sure you trim your nose hairs. If you do not, you may regret it! The itching will be unbearable if you do not. I know gross, but like I said, needs to be said.
And Don’t Forget
Disney made a new rule July 10, 2020 that Gaitor masks are no longer acceptable and will not be allowed on Disney property. I know that is highly disappointing to some, since a lot of people like wearing them. But there are plenty of others that you can choose from.
Such as: Mickey Mouse, Mickey double layer mask, Minnie Mouse, and of course the ShopDisney Disney masks. If you decide on the ShopDisney masks keep in mind that these masks do run small. There are a lot of options out there between Amazon, Etsy and ShopDisney. If you find a fun design let us know!
For more tips make sure you check out How To Do It Yourself DIY Disney Style Face Masks, A Guide To Wearing Face Coverings While Visiting Disney World and Disney World Announces Plan To Reopen On July 11 With Phased Openings.
THANK YOU to our Disney friend, Brooke H. for sharing her adorable kiddo!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- 6 Tips: How To Do Disney World Without The Dining Plan - August 4, 2020
- 7 Tips to Encourage Your Child to Wear a Mask at a Disney Park - July 11, 2020
- 12 Things At Disney World Parks That Make You Want To Cuss - June 18, 2020