Have you heard people talking about some random game that you can play while you’re at Disney? Or maybe you saw something about some Disney cards that you can collect? Well, find out what all the fuss is about right here in: A Complete Review of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom!
A Complete Review of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is an interactive game that can be played within Magic Kingdom. The story of the game is that Merlin is recruiting guests as new apprentices to help him fight off Hades and his villains as they try to take over Magic Kingdom.
New recruits can sign up at the Main Street Firehouse, which is located beside City Hall. Once you’re inside, cast members will walk you through the process of signing you up and linking your game to your Magic Band or park ticket. The cast member will then give you instructions, a map, and a pack that contains 5 random spell cards. Before you leave the Fire Station, the cast members will guide you through a demonstration at one of the practice portals. Now that you have taken care of that aspect, your training is complete and you are ready to play.
As the apprentice, each land inside of Magic Kingdom (except Tomorrowland) has magic portals hidden throughout them. After an introduction from Merlin you are sent to one of the symbols. The map show symbols where all of the portals can be found. You’ll also need to be on the lookout for golden discs that are located on the ground, these are referred to as the Circle of Power. Once you are there, you’ll need to place your magic band on the key hole and stand on the Circle in order to use your spell cards. This is where your adventure begins and you team up with Merlin and help him save Magic Kingdom from the villains.
The Spell Cards
The spell cards are used to defeat Hades and his villains. Each spell card has a different Disney character on it that can perform unique spells. They are numbered 1-70. There are also party cards you can pick up at parties that have special numbers. These are specially themed and pretty rare. They are sometimes referred to as “Seasonal Cards”, because they are only available to guests who attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Each card also contains a certain symbol on the lower left corner that determines its rarity. Stars (1-22), Moons (23-40), Planets (41-60), and Lightning Bolts (61-70). Each day that a Sorcerer enters Magic Kingdom they can obtain a new pack of spell cards. You may also obtain another pack of cards when you defeat all 9 villains, but this will take some time.
- Something neat that you’ll want to remember is that Sorcerers have the option to use 1 spell card or several spell cards when fighting the villains.
- You can use multiple cards at once, which casts multiple spells. That gives you a better shot at defeating that particular villain.
- Sorcerers can also choose between 3 different difficulty levels when you begin your level at the Fire Station.
- If you’ve never played before, then I definitely recommend the Easy level as a good starting point. If you or your kids enjoy Pokemon, then you’re sure to love this interactive quest to save the Kingdom!
Do you play Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom? If so, have you completed your spell card collection? Share your tips with us and discuss this and anything and everything Disney in the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Paten Williams (see all)
- A Guide To Enjoying Disney Magic While Staying At Home - April 21, 2020
- Disney World Copycat Recipes: Butter Chicken From Sanaa - April 9, 2020
- Disney World Dining: Sanaa At Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 30, 2019
Follow on Instagram