Why We Love Disney Springs’ Chicken Guy (And So Will You)
Chicken Guy at Disney Springs is a one of the most talking about family dining spots – but, does it live up to the hype? Spoiler alert: YES! Here’s why we love dining here and you will too!
While some of our favorite Disney dining spots are table-service meals, for the most part we rely on quick service locations to keep us happy and fed during our Disney vacations. They’re fast, inexpensive, usually don’t require dining reservations – and most of them serve up some pretty great food.
One of our family’s absolute favorite quick service meals is Disney Springs’ Chicken Guy!
(By the way, the exclamation point behind Chicken Guy! is not to indicate my excitement, although I am excited when we are heading there to eat. The exclamation point is a part of the restaurant name. I just thought I would clear that up before you continue reading and then wonder why I keep using the exclamation point. LOL!)
Disney Springs’ Chicken Guy!
Chicken Guy! was founded by celebrity chef Guy Fieri and renowned restaurateur Robert Earl. The Disney Springs location was it’s fourth location and it now currently has seven locations:
- Miami, FL,
- Landover, MD
- Santa Clara, CA
- Disney Springs
- Gatlinburg, TN
- Nashville, TN
- And it’s newest location Winter Park, FL which is a stone’s throw from Magic Kingdom
According to their website, more locations will be opening soon – which is not surprising because the food here needs to be experienced in as many places as possible.
The Sauces at Chicken Guy!
Now let’s talk about why we love Flavortown – they offer one-of-a-kind, all-natural fresh chicken tenders paired with a wide selection of delicious sauces. There are over 20 house-made sauces to choose from. Try one or try them all; it is your call.
The complete list of sauces (as of now) include:
- Special Sauce: a blend of ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickle juice, and a proprietary spice blend.
- Donkey Sauce: mayo meets roasted garlic, mustard, and Worcestershire with a squeeze of lemon.
- Ranchero: roasted tomatoes, bell peppers, and chilies, seasoned with cumin, garlic, onion, and cilantro.
- Curry Mayo: a combination of coriander, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, garlic, lime, and of course – mayo.
- Wasabi Honey: simply wasabi, honey, and a hint of lime.
- Cumin Lime Mojo: featuring cumin, lime, cilantro, and roasted garlic.
- Garlic Parmesan: mayo with roasted garlic and parmesan, a little black pepper, and parsley.
- Avocado Crema: avocados and sour cream, complemented with cilantro and lime flavors.
- Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ: brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and a splash of Kentucky bourbon.
- Buffalo: a blend of red chilis and jalapenos, garlic and onion, with a hint of paprika and vinegar.
- Bleu Cheese: bleu cheese crumbles, mayo, sour cream, and lemon.
- Buttermilk Ranch: a combination of buttermilk and mayo, seasoned with dill, chives, onion, and garlic.
- Lemon Pepper: mayo paired with lemon, black pepper, and a little honey.
- Honey Mustard: honey, yellow mustard, mayo, and a bit of lemon juice.
- Teriyaki: infused with soy sauce, sesame, garlic, and brown sugar.
- Sweet N’ Sour: the flavors of orange, pineapple, honey, and vinegar.
- Chipotle Ranch: chipotle peppers mixed with buttermilk ranch, and smoked paprika.
- Nashville Hot Honey: honey paired with red chilies, cayenne pepper, garlic, and onion.
- Peri-Peri: roasted red bell pepper and chilies, seasoned with garlic, onion, paprika, oregano, and a splash of lemon.
- Habanero Hot Sauce: habanero peppers mixed with vinegar, onion, and garlic.
- Spicy Mayo: a combination of roasted red chilis and chipotle peppers with cayenne, honey, and mayo.
- Sweet Sriracha BBQ: a roasted red pepper puree with tomatoes, onions, and a hint of molasses and brown sugar.
My favorite sauce so far is a tie between the garlic parmesan and donkey sauce but I am still working my way through their impressive array of sauces. Like anything we do on Disney World property, our goal is to try everything at least once… and that includes the delicious sauces!
Chicken Guy!’s menu offers a variety of options such as all-natural chicken tenders, skewers, sandwiches, salads and can be paired with some amazing side options as well. Chicken Guy Fries, Mac Daddy Mac ‘n Cheese, American Slaw, Fried Pickle Chip, or my personal favorite Loaded Fries are ALL on the menu!
I know Guy Fieri can be a bit of a polarizing figure as a celebrity chef, but there is no debating that this man and his team of recipe developers know their flavors. Everything I’ve had from his restaurants has been absolutely delicious.
Gluten-Free Chicken Guy!
Ever since travelling to DisneyWorld with my friend and her daughter who had nut and gluten allergies, I’ve tried to take note of how the different restaurants on Disney property handle the needs of those guests.
Unlike a lot of chicken restaurants that use peanut oil, according to the manager I spoke to, Chicken Guy!’s menu is completely nut-free. There are also many gluten-free options available:
- A gluten-free bun can be substituted in any chicken sandwich.
- The chicken can be grilled instead of breaded.
- Fries are made with caution to food allergies.
- A salad can be ordered with the grilled chicken and without croutons.
The best part is… even with these adjustments, the food is still AMAZING. One of my favorite allergy-friendly dishes is the loaded fries. At Chicken Guy!, they are smothered in SMC (so much cheese), chopped crispy or grilled chicken, bacon & green onions. We had the ones with the grilled chicken on our last visit.
Did You Know Dessert Options Are Available?
While we have not tried them yet, you can add a frozen treat such as a handspun soft serve to your visit. Triple Double Mint or Cinnamon Apple both sound amazing!
Tip: If you are looking for something a bit sweeter while visiting Disney Springs, try Erin McKenna’s Bakery!
Disney Springs’ Chicken Guy! Hours
This location is open for lunch and dinner. With so much to do and see at Disney Springs, this fun little restaurant will allow you to grab a quick bite – no reservations required. However, wait times will vary depending on the time of day you are planning to visit.
We cannot wait for our next visit to Flavortown – we have a lot more food and sauces to try, plus soft-serve desserts! My mouth is watering now, just thinking about it. I guess we need to plan another trip soon!
If you are a chicken lover, dipping sauce fanatic, or enjoy loaded fries as I do, then you for sure need to add Chicken Guy! at Disney Springs to your dining list. This is a great restaurant for first-time visitors to Disney as well as seasoned travelers.
What is one of your favorite quick-service restaurants at Disney World? Come on over to Facebook and join us at Disney Express Lane to let us know!
More Dining Posts:
- Tiffins Restaurant at Animal Kingdom
- Be Our Guest: Why Breakfast Here is a Must!
- Tony’s Town Square Restaurant at Magic Kingdon
- Turner House Restaurant at Animal Kingdom
- The Best Restaurants for First Time Visitors to Disney
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to WaltExpress.com! Check out our most popular posts while you are here, located in the sidebar and you can "like” our Facebook page here and receive new posts in your news stream. Thanks for visiting!
Latest posts by Jennifer (see all)
- What to Expect at DisneyWorld in 2022 - March 17, 2022
- Magic Carpet Poptarts - March 6, 2022
- Is It Really THAT Hot? All About The Temperature At Disney World - June 14, 2021
GetDeals, Tips, and Updates Delivered to Your Inbox!
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo, you're in! Check your inbox for a special message from us!