Today we’re talking about Everything You Need to Know About Doing Family Laundry at Disneyworld. Even at the most magical place on Earth, clothes still get dirty – so be prepared with our quick Disney 101 guide.
Disney 101: Doing Family Laundry In Disney World
There are lots of reasons why you may find yourself doing laundry at the parks – from underestimating how many clothes to pack, to luggage delays, to just having a couple of clumsy kids who spill everything.
Personally, I refuse to travel with more than a carry-on suitcase per family member. If we can travel to Europe for 6 weeks with a carry-on each, we can travel to the Disney parks for a week that way, too. While this usually works for us, because I don’t have a lot of back-up clothing packed we do sometimes need to get a quick load in on a pool day.
My friend Vanda swears by doing her laundry at the parks before she returns home. The last thing she wants to worry about after a day of travelling home with the kids is doing several loads of laundry. Plus, she says she prefers the view at Disney World than the view from her laundry room at home. Ha!
Disney Family Laundry
Disney Laundry Locations:
All of the Walt Disney World resorts have laundry facilities conveniently located near the pool areas of your resort. How awesome is that?!
Just throw the clothes in to wash and head to the pool. The days of sitting in a laundromat waiting all day for the laundry is OVER! There is even an app that you can use to check how many machines are available before you leave your hotel room – and you can set it to notify you when your machine is done so you can continue about your day.
Simply log into Laundry View, select your location from the list, and it will show you all of the available and unavailable machines at your chosen laundry room. (I wish they had this technology back when I lived in an apartment building with a single laundry room for the whole building!)
Disney Villas with one or more bedrooms also offer in-room laundry machines.
How to Pay:
All laundry facilities are equipped with a Payment Station. Simply slide your debit, credit or laundry card and select which washer you will be using (they are all numbered). Note that if you don’t want to use your debit or credit cards in the payment stations, you can swing by the front desk of your resort and ask for them to charge a laundry card to your room.
After paying, place your clothes in the washer, add detergent and select the setting of your choice. The washing machine will give you an estimated time of when your clothes will be finished or you can use the laundryview.com app to notify you. Then, do the same thing when it’s time to dry your clothes. (It does take a little longer to dry them, usually about an hour.)
There is also an attendant available who will be happy to assist you.
Disney Laundry Pricing:
Disney’s washing machines and dryers are a little larger than normal machines, so you can get a few more pieces in a regular load.
Cost for one load of clothes:
- $3.00 for wash
- $3.00 for dryer
- $1.00 for detergents and dryer sheets *we like to bring our own
WALT EXPRESS Tips:
- Magic bands are needed for entry of laundry facilities.
- If you brought a stroller with you, use it to help you haul the clothes to the laundry room! No need to lug around tons of clothes.
- Bring your own detergents and dryer sheets. The pods work great and are very easy to travel with (and yes, you can bring them carry-on through security). *Extra tip: Dryer sheets in the luggage makes clothes extra nice and fresh!
- Even if you don’t plan on doing laundry at the parks, I swear by bringing a travel laundry bag or collapsible hamper – even if we’re just using it to separate our clean clothes from our dirty clothes on vacation. If you do end up doing laundry, it’s a lot easier to use the bag than try to haul the laundry to the laundry room without!
Valet Laundry Services
Of course, for those who don’t want to do any laundry on vacation but absolutely need their clothes cleaned, Disney offers dry cleaning and valet laundry services.
A price list and laundry bag are located in your resort room’s closet. Call down to housekeeping to have them schedule a pick-up from your room. The last time I looked, a shirt was $6 to be cleaned, a pair of socks were $2.50, etc.
Walt Disney World even makes doing laundry easy. I just wish they would fold and put clothes away…now THAT would be magical! What about you? Do you do laundry while in Walt Disney World?
Do you have tips or tricks that you would like to share? Walt Express would love to hear about them!
For more “Disney 101” information, check out: DISNEY 101: All you need to know!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Guide To Epcot’s International Flower And Garden Festival For 2021 - March 2, 2021
- BREAKING NEWS: Disney World Releases 2022 Vacation Packages - February 16, 2021
- Top 5 Romantic Dining Experiences In Disney World - January 26, 2021