When most people think of Disney World they think of the four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. There are however so many MORE amazing things to experience outside the parks to enjoy that often get overlooked. Take a peek at these fun things at Disney World without stepping into a park!
Fun Things At Disney World
By incorporating one or a few of these into your trip you can set your next vacation apart from all the rest! You may decide to take a day or two off from the parks and relax a bit and that is totally OK! Here are some of our favorite things to do without stepping into the parks.
Disney World Resorts
The Resorts are extensively themed and have so much to offer! There is truly a resort for every budget and every style and by staying on Disney World property you are always in the magic! Here are just a few resort activities and amenities you may have overlooked. You can totally take the bus or monorail to a different resort and check it out! This is actually a very fun activity that we enjoy! Some of the best dining options available are at Disney World Resorts, such as Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge!
With everything the parks have to offer, it is easy to not leave enough time to enjoy your resort pool but depending on the time of year you are visiting you are going to want to pencil that in. Most resorts have what they refer to as the “feature pool” that fits in with the resort theming whether it be the shape of the pool, slides or the area around it. On top of that, some have themed splash pads for the little ones. Depending on the size of the resort, many of the resorts have additional pools for guests to enjoy. You can spend a morning, afternoon or entire day poolside!
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Grand Floridian Resort and Spa both have full service spas on property. Whether you are prepping for a night out or just want to pamper yourself it is a great way to unwind from busy days on your feet walking around the parks!
The resorts have everything from fishing to surrey bikes to movies under the stars so whatever your fancy is, there is something for you. Want to captain a boat? Disney has you covered. Learn how to shoot a bow and arrow? They have that too! Horse drawn carriages, caricature artists and Midway-style fair games are just a few more examples of some fun extras you can incorporate into time away from the parks on your next visit!
Disney has two Miniature Golf courses, Fantasia Gardens (Epcot area resorts) and Winter Summerland (Blizzard Beach). Winter Summerland is more of a traditional mini-golf feel where more seasoned and experienced golfers may enjoy Fantasia Gardens. Both do not require reservations and are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Fun Things At Disney World’s Disney Springs
Since Downtown Disney was re-imagined nearly 5 years ago it has been transformed into what is now known as Disney Springs. It is a beautiful lifestyle center that features unique shopping and dining experiences with that extra Disney magic.
Disney Springs has some of the best dining on property. They have quick service, table service and signature dining options so whatever you budget and taste preferences are there is something for you!
Disney Springs has The World of Disney, the world’s largest Disney store with 12 rooms chock full of Disney merchandise. In addition to World of Disney they have many of your favorite brands, ranging in style and price point. Most feature special Disney themed items only available at Disney Springs locations so it is the perfect place to pick up something special for the Disney lover in your life!
- In addition to dining and shopping Disney Springs has tons of fun activities you and your family can partake in! You can become a part of the resistance in The Void Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire when you become part of the Star Wars universe in a one of a kind virtual reality experience. If Star Wars is not your thing but you still think Virtual Reality sounds fun, you can participate in their Wreck it Ralph themed VR experience Ralph Breaks VR!
- For all the basketball fans out there NBA Experience is a new addition to Disney Springs where you can harness your basketball skills and become part of the game.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes is an upscale bowling alley with a full restaurant menu while AMC Dine-in lets you view the latest movie while enjoying a meal!
While these only touch on some of the Fun Things At Disney World you can do outside the parks, use it as motivation to try something new next time you are at Disney World! Reach out to your Disney Travel Planner to find out how you can experience these offerings and more on your next trip!
Did you know that we have a Facebook Group? We sure do! It’s DISNEY EXPRESS LANE and we would love to have you with us!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Jacquie Murphy (see all)
- 5 Tips For Dealing With Temperamental Toddlers At A Disney World Park - December 24, 2019
- Does My Family Need The Park Hopper On Our Disney World Vacation? - December 17, 2019
- Should You Consider A Split Stay On Your Next Disney World Vacation? - November 26, 2019
Follow on Instagram