Money Saving Tips As You Prepare For Your Next Disney World Vacation!
As a mom and wife who loves Disney, I know how expensive it can be to prepare a family for travel to Disney World. When you take some time to plan ahead, you can save yourself some of the expensive incidentals that can come up while visiting this magical place. These Disney Money Saving Tips may come in handy!
Disney Money Saving Tips
My family tends to travel by car to Disney World, so some of my tips involve packing more items. Not to fear! Most of these items are small to pack and will cut down on the number of items you will bring back with you from Disney World if you are traveling by plane. These Disney Money Saving Tips could save you a little cash!
Pre-purchase Disney Souvenirs For Your Children
Many discount stores offer a selection of Disney themed merchandise that will more than likely be cheaper than what you find in the park. As I am packing, I stash a few of these goodies in our suitcase. This keeps the “I WANT’s” down while in the parks. Take a peek at this blog for more cost efficient souvenir ideas!
Extras CAN ADD UP!
In addition to the extra gifts, these are the items that are best purchased outside of the park and brought with you “just in case.”
- Ponchos- Disposable ones can be found at the dollar store. We packed these for a rainy day (on this past trip it was at Hollywood Studios). They worked for that day and then we threw them away. No need to dry them out and repack them.
- Glow sticks and necklaces- Stock up on these for your kiddos at night. When you see the price tag on the park items, you will be glad! Those necklaces and other glow toys can cost upwards of $20 or more.
- Water bottles- Be sure to bring one (or more depending on how you feel about sharing water bottles in your family) that is leak proof in your backpack. You can refill these for free in the park.
- Character Signing Items– I have tried a few different ways to collect signatures and by far my favorite has been bringing a sturdy photo mat. We take that around with large sharpie pens for the characters to sign. Just make sure the mat will fit in your backpack. The large sharpie pens make it easy for the characters to sign (sometimes they have large gloves on) and it looks so colorful on the mat when your signatures are done. When you get home, you can hang it with one of your favorite character photos from the trip.
Dining Plan Or NO?
If you are someone who enjoys eating out on vacation or if you consider yourself a Disney foodie, then you may want to explore purchasing the meal plan with your stay at a Disney World Resort. When you pre-purchase the meal plan, you not only save a percentage of money overall on your meals, but you have already paid for them when you arrive. The stress of spending more money on food is gone! You will only need to provide tips/gratuities for your table service meals. For more info on the Disney Dining Plans, check out DISNEY DINING 101.
Are you someone who does not like to spend a lot of money on food? Do you have a lot of light or picky eaters in your group? No worries! You can pack your food for the day in a backpack and take it with you to the parks. Or, you may be staying at a resort/hotel that offers a kitchen. This can be a HUGE money saver. Take some snack items in the parks and eat your main meals back at the resort.
Plan With A FREE Disney Travel Planner
Whether you are a new visitor to Disney World or a longtime fan, consider using a Disney Travel Planner to help you plan your next vacation. Did you know that planning a Disney vacation through a Disney Travel Planner is complimentary? That means it is FREE. It comes at no additional cost to you. A Disney Travel Planner knows how to help you find a discounted room or ticket package, as well as which restaurants offer character dining along with your meal to provide the best value and functionality for your trip. A Disney Travel Planner can also offer insight and provide research for your family’s needs.
These are just a few of my favorite Disney World Money Saving Tips. What are some tips from other Disney fans that you have found helpful? Let me know! I would love to hear from you! Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to WaltExpress.com! Check out our most popular posts while you are here, located in the sidebar and you can "like” our Facebook page here and receive new posts in your news stream. Thanks for visiting!
GetDeals, Tips, and Updates Delivered to Your Inbox!
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo, you're in! Check your inbox for a special message from us!