Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort: A Disney World Resort Review
Sports enthusiasts will definitely be excited to stay at this amazing Disney World resort. Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort is considered a Value Resort and located in the Animal Kingdom Resort Area. Read all about it in Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort: A Disney World Resort Review.
This budget friendly resort is decorated in just that, sports, along with bright and bold colors that represent football, tennis, baseball, basketball and surfing.
Although All Star Sports rooms are slightly smaller than a moderate resort room, it still packs a punch with all of the onsite amenities that other resorts have on property.
Extra Fun Stuff
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort has two pools. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, which is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort’s central area). The Grand Slam pool is the quieter pool of the two and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. Both are perfect for quenching the Florida sun and cooling off after a “hard day” at the parks or for a day you would like to take a day off from all of the hustle and bustle of the parks.
If swimming isn’t your thing, All Star Sports also has a jogging path for those who like to stay active or The Game Point Arcade that will provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages.
All Star Sports Resort is not known for their sit down dining options, especially since there is none. 🙂 But, it is equipped with a quick service dining experience: End Zone Food Court. You will find meals like pizza, chicken nuggets and fries. Be sure to grab a refillable mug while you are there.
Each of the All Star Resorts has buses dedicated to run from resort-to-park and return. However, at some times during the day, the buses from a park may drop guests off at all 3 resorts. This is especially true at night after a park closes or different times of the year. So make sure you ask before making a reservation at this resort.
If you want a room close to the food court and bus stop, request the Surfs Up or Touchdown buildings. If you want a little quieter location, request Hoops Hotel or Center Court.
Pros and Cons
- The price that you will pay for a value resort is great. You are only sleeping and showering there, and yes, it’s still Disney style!
- Over the top, Disney theming. Of course, this is what a lot of people want. The decor is always bright and cheerful!
- The buses do not go directly to the parks. They stop at all of the All Star Resorts.
- There are no table service restaurants in any of the value resorts.
Before settling on a resort, check out some of our top secrets of Disney World Resorts!
Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- 9 Creative Ways To Collect Disney Character Autographs - July 16, 2018
- Disney World Copycat Recipes: The Dole Whip - July 11, 2018
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Packages and Details - July 9, 2018
Follow on Instagram