After months of being closed due to Covid-19, we are all excited that Disney World will be opening soon! Disney World is doing their part to make sure the parks, resorts and other guest areas are as safe as possible. We have 5 things you NEED to bring with you that could help keep you and your family extra safe during your next visit. Honestly, you should be bringing these things with you on ANY trip! Welcome to the NEW NORMAL.
5 Things You NEED
- Easy to clean backpack: Bring a backpack that can easily be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe. Our backpacks really do touch a lot of things when we are in the parks. We sit them down on the floor or seats of rides, on tables, benches, on the buses, monorail, boats and even the ground at times. While we definitely need to be cleaning them down more now, we really should do this on any vacation. Think about it, there are always germs.
- Disinfectant Wipes: Sure, bringing disinfectant wipes in your backpack to Disney World seems a little strange, but it really is a great idea. Travel size packs are typically available, but we know that they have been hard to find right now. You could also place some disinfectant wipes in a zip lock bag if you have them available at home. Can’t find any wipes? Don’t worry you can DIY!.
- Hand Sanitizer: This is always good to have on hand so you can use it quickly. Disney World will have hand washing stations and sanitizing stations all through the parks & resorts. Of course there are the bathrooms, but having a travel size hand sanitizer in your backpack will come in handy. Especially when you cannot access one. You may be waiting in line at a ride or for transportation and need to sanitize the kids hands or even your own. Having a travel size sanitizer handy will give you peace of mind and keep everyone safe.
- Face Coverings: Make sure to pack plenty of face coverings for everyone in your travel party. Whether you are bringing reusable or disposable face coverings, be sure to bring several per person. You will want to change them out throughout the day. Place clean face coverings in a zip lock bag to keep them dry & clean until you are ready to use them. For reusable face coverings, bring extra empty zip lock bags marked “dirty” so you have a place to put them as you change them out. It is going to be HOT in Florida and a face covering is may be uncomfortable. We have some tips on how to make it a little more bearable.
- Wet Wipes: These are great to have for cleaning up the kiddos after a delicious ice cream! They will also come in handy when you want to cool down. You can use these to wipe your face, neck, arms, etc. Wipes will help you feel refreshed especially using them in between changing your face covering.
The NEW Normal
These 5 things you need can help keep your family safe now during the “new normal” visits back to Disney World. All of these items can be brought with you at any time for any Disney World vacation! Let’s be honest, there are always a lot of germs at the parks. We must bring face coverings now but hopefully we will not have to keep these on our list for very long or for all our future Disney Vacations. Stay safe friends and have a magical time!
What are some things you bring in your backpack to keep you safe while visiting the parks? What would you like to add to our 5 things you need list? We would love to hear what you bring with you. Come join us over at Disney Express Lane to let us know!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Carrie Ponce (see all)
- Why We Love Disney Springs’ Chicken Guy (And So Will You) - June 7, 2021
- Is Staying Off Property During Your Disney World Vacation Worth It? - May 13, 2021
- Disney Springs’ Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza Is THE Place To BE - May 4, 2021