You DO NOT want to miss out on this copycat recipe! It’s the ONE you have been waiting on! Find out how you can make these amazing waffles with Disney World Copycat Recipes: Mickey Waffles.
Copycat Recipes: Mickey Waffles
My family and I absolutely adore Mickey waffles! We make them quite often and they are always a hit! I mean, who doesn’t love Mickey waffles?! Seriously! I do not know one person who doesn’t love these waffles. I make them Gluten Free for my family since we have food allergies, but you can make them with any flour you like. You are more than welcome to go over to my other blog and check out the Gluten Free recipe if you have food allergies of any kind. Stop in and check out a few more other recipes too that will make meal time a breeze.
Okay so let’s get to the main attraction……
Copycat Mickey Waffles
- 2 cups flour-again, I use a gluten free flour, but you may use whatever your family needs/likes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt
- 6 fluid ounces of milk (room temperature)
- Preheat and prepare your Mickey Waffle Iron. If you don’t have one, buy one HERE and have it delivered right to your door.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with a hand mixer (or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) until stiff (but not dry) peaks form.
- Place the egg yolks and oil in a separate large bowl and blend with a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment) until creamy.
- Add the yogurt and milk, and blend until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and blend again. The mixture will be smooth and thickly pour-able.
- Fold the beaten egg whites gently into the large bowl of batter until only a few white streaks remain.
- Pour or scoop about 1 cup of batter into the prepared Mickey waffle iron.
- Spread into an even layer.
- Close lid and let cook for about 3 minutes or until steam stops escaping from waffle iron.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron with a pair of tongs.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- I always make more than are needed for the morning. These waffles I do not serve immediately, I wrap up with Saran wrap individually and place in a Ziploc bag to freeze in the freezer. The next time we have a need for Mickey Waffles, I grab a bag out of the freezer and we heat them up in a toaster oven for a few minutes and serve. It is that easy! Perfect for busy mornings!
- Don’t have all of the ingredients on hand? No worries! I’ve got you covered! Place an order and wait for them to arrive at your door.
Looking for more delicious copycat recipes? Try the Grey Stuff!
Are you a fan of Mickey Waffles? I would love to hear when you make Mickey Waffles at your house. Do you make them on special occasions? Do you have a copycat recipe you want us to share? Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Follow on Instagram