We are here to bring you as much as Disney as possible! Grab the family together and get ready to make some Disney magic in your own kitchen! With Walt Express’ Disney World Copycat Recipes, you can have a taste of Disney World right at home!! Find out how to make this famous dish by reading Disney Recipes: The GREY STUFF!
Disney Recipes: The GREY STUFF!
We know you want to be in Disney World every single day. We totally get it! So do we. Sometimes you just need a little Disney magic in your life and we are here to help with that. By making some of these delicious treats at home, it’s a total WIN-WIN! You get some family togetherness and you also get to have all the Disney World feels. I promise, this one is super easy and you may have everything you need on hand to get started.
All About The Grey Stuff
Everyone knows about the “grey stuff” or better known as the delicious topping to the “The Master’s Cupcake”. This deliciousness was made famous by Disney’s own “Beauty and the Beast” many, many years ago. This delectable dish is now served at Be Our Guest (better known as The Beast’s Castle) in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Did you know that you can order the grey stuff for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Yes, I said even breakfast! Just head on over to Fantasyland and find your way to the Beast’s Castle.
Be our guest
Be our guest
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin ’round your neck, cherie
And we provide the rest
Soup du jour
Hot hors d’oeuvres
Why, we only live to serve
Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious
Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes
You know the song, so go ahead and sing it while you whip up a batch of this yumminess. Or better yet, watch the Beauty and The Beast movie while you recreate this dish. Now, without further ado, the dining room (or Walt Express, we should say) presents: The Grey Stuff!
- 1 (3.4 ounce) Package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups Milk-whole or 2%
- 15 Oreos (regular, NOT the double-stuffed), off brand is fine
- 1 (8 ounce) container Whipped Topping
- 3 Tablespoons Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- Edible Pearl Sprinkles (or large “edible pearl balls”, because you couldn’t find sprinkles)
- Mix entire box of vanilla pudding mix and milk in a large bowl with a whisk. Set in refrigerator to chill 10 minutes.Disney World Copycat Recipes: The GREY STUFF!
- Blend Oreos in food processor (I don’t have a food processor and used a blender) and mix until they are fine crumbs (no chunks). You can also place them in a plastic baggie and “crush” them. My little one likes this process much better! Again, just make sure there are no large pieces. It should be close to a powder form.
- Grab the pudding from the refrigerator and mix in the crushed Oreos. This mixture will be dark grey/black. Fold in the tub of whipped topping. It now is a lighter color but not quite grey. Lastly, mix in the chocolate pudding mix and stir well. You should now have “the grey stuff“! Place back in refrigerator to chill for at least one hour before serving.
Gently spoon into a cake decorating bag with a star tip and swirl a little onto a pretty dish. Top with a few edible pearl sprinkles.Viola! Instant Disney feels and total deliciousness!
Disney Recipes: The GREY STUFF Tips
- You don’t have to have a fancy cake decorating set. Simply grab a plastic baggie (not the cheap ones-they burst easily) and a tip. Snip the plastic baggie and place the decorating tip in the corner that you just snipped. Easy Peasy!
- The “grey stuff” is also great on cupcakes. Of course, we prefer it best straight off the spoon. Grab your napkin, cherie!
- Be sure to refrigerate as soon decorating is done.
Do you love trying to recreate Disney recipes at home? Tell us about your best efforts in the comments below and be sure to check out DISNEY EXPRESS LANE
for all things Disney! We also have a fabulous copycat recipe for the famous DOLE WHIP
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to WaltExpress.com! Check out our most popular posts while you are here, located in the sidebar and you can "like” our Facebook page here and receive new posts in your news stream. Thanks for visiting!
The following two tabs change content below.
Vanda is a Mom of 2 boys who is always thinking about or planning a trip to Disney World! Thanks to them and her work as a travel agent, she has become an expert on planning the perfect Disney trip and making wishes and dreams a beautiful reality. When she's not planning trips for others or visiting Disney herself, she graciously shares her knowledge and experiences here on Walt Express with our readers to help you plan your very own magical Disney vacation!