Video: Astro Orbiter at Magic Kingdom a Disney World Review
Check out the Video: Astro Orbiter at Magic Kingdom a Disney World Review to check out the great view of the Tomorrowland section of Magic Kingdom you will see on this attraction!
Astro Orbiter is located in the Tomorrowland section of Magic Kingdom. The queue line is close to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover. You will take an elevator up to the loading platform where you will board your very own spacecraft and take to the skies!
After entering the queue, you will take an elevator to a second story loading platform just above TTA PeopleMover. I will be very honest, the elevator is hot and doesn’t have the best of smells. You are in Florida and it is hot so that explains the heat in the elevator. As far as the smell, as much as each of us likes to think everyone puts on deodorant in the mornings, it’s obviously not true. Since this subject came up, I will go ahead and use this time to make a public service announcement; please put deodorant on first thing before heading to the parks. I also think it’s a great idea to carry a travel size deodorant with you to the parks to stay fresh throughout your day. End of announcement! With the PSA out of the way, each individual spacecraft accommodates two people, one in the front and one in the back.
Astro Orbiter is a lot like Dumbo at Magic Kingdom and Triceratops Spin at Animal Kingdom. When it is your turn, you will hop on a spacecraft and take to the skies! It is a spinning action ride and since you are higher than Dumbo or Triceratops Spin, it does seem that it is spinning faster.
Once the ride begins, you can use the lever to make your craft go even higher! This will give you a great vantage point of the Magic Kingdom so make sure to look around while you are flying high above Tomorrowland. The ride lasts about a minute and a half. You then exit your spacecraft and take the elevator back down to ground level.
There is no height requirement for Astro Orbiter. No matter what age, or height, everyone in your party will be able to enjoy this attraction!
You will have to transfer from your wheelchair or ECV to the spacecraft to ride Astro Orbiter.
- This ride does not offer FastPass+.
- Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by someone 14 years or older.
- If you are prone to motion sickness, this ride is not for you. You are seated in a rocket and spinning.
- If you are afraid of heights, Astro Orbiter might not be for you. You have to take an elevator to a second level loading platform to board the ride. After boarding, your rocket will rise in to the air even higher.
- The line for Astro Orbiter is often lengthy. Considering you must take an elevator and the ride can only accommodate so many guests, the wait time can grow rather quickly.
- If this ride is a must for you, it is best to head straight to Astro Orbiter at park opening since FastPass+ is not offered.
Do you like Astro Orbiter? Join us at Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to WaltExpress.com! Check out our most popular posts while you are here, located in the sidebar and you can "like” our Facebook page here and receive new posts in your news stream. Thanks for visiting!
GetDeals, Tips, and Updates Delivered to Your Inbox!
Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo, you're in! Check your inbox for a special message from us!