If you love to see exotic birds, then Flights of Wonder is for you! Check out the Video: Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom a Disney World Review to see what you have been missing!
Flights of Wonder is an attraction at Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort. Flights of Wonder is past Discovery Island in the park’s Asia section. If you pass the Tree of Life to the right, Flights of Wonder will be next to Yak & Yeti Restaurant. The show takes place on the Caravan Stage of the Maharajah ruins.
You will be introduced to more than 20 species of exotic birds during the show. Some of the species included are:
- East African Crowned Crane
- Red-Legged Seriema
- African Grey Parrot
- Blue and Gold Macaws
- Great Horned Owl
- Harris Hawk
- Rose-Breasted Cockatoo
- Trumpeter Hornbill
Flights of Wonder begins with a recorded overview and a variety of birds swooping over the audience onto the stage. After this mystical introduction, a very knowledgeable trainer takes the stage and brings out many exotic birds. The trainer explains each bird’s natural behavior and even introduces some birds that have very entertaining talents.
A humorous tour guide joins the trainer about mid-way through the show. Guano Joe is a tour guide who is wondering around looking for the group he is in charge of when he happens upon Flights of Wonder. He is sure the audience is his lost tour group. Guano Joe brings light humor to the show, especially seeing how he is terrified of birds!
Although the show is light and full of humor, there is a very serious side to the show. Conservation is the real story behind Flights of Wonder and many endangered species are brought to the audiences’ attention. There are many birds brought onto the stage that are disappearing from our planet. The trainer goes into great detail as to why this is happening and what we can do to help prevent it.
At the ending of Flights of Wonder, a majestic Bald Eagle is brought onto the stage. The Bald Eagle was once on the endangered species list but because of conservation efforts, is no longer considered endangered.
Accessibility and Other Information
You can remain in your wheelchair/ECV to enjoy Flights of Wonder.
Assistive Listening and Sign Language services are available upon request.
- FastPass+ is available for Flights of Wonder.
- Be sure to grab a Times Guide at the Park entrance for show times.
- Don’t pass up this show thinking it will be boring. It always keeps our kids’ attention for the entire 25 minutes.
- This is a great show to catch on a hot day as the seating is under a canopy in the shade!
- Raise your hand to participate! There are several opportunities to be a part of Flights of Wonder!
- Don’t rush out once the show is over. The bird handlers will bring out some fascinating species for you to get an up close look at and take some pictures!
Have you seen Flights of Wonder while visiting Animal Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort? What did you think about I? Leave us a comment below or join us at Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.