Everyone knows that Disney World is very large and that you will be walking A LOT! Walt Express, along with some of our readers from Disney Express Lane, have compiled the Top 20 Best Spots To Take A Break In Disney World to keep you well rested!
Top 20 Best Spots To Take A Break In Disney World
Disney World Parks can be brutal on your body! You want to take EVERYTHING in and get the most out of your vacation, so you push yourself until you can go no more. It is very important to take breaks to make your visit a more enjoyable experience. Walt Express and some of our wonderful readers have some GREAT places to chill out and relax a little!
- Of course, everyone knows going back to your resort is a great way to relax for a bit, especially in the Summer heat. But, sometimes you just don’t want to leave the magic! We understand! For more tips on surviving the parks in the Summer heat, check out: How to Survive the Summer Heat.
Without further ado, here are more great tips for staying refreshed and happy while in the parks.
2. Grab a spot during the Festival of Fantasy Parade! Yes, this is one of the BEST ways to relax in Magic Kingdom. Parade times are listed on the Disney website, so you can actually plan some down time. Our favorite way of doing this is get to the spot we want to watch the parade from about 30-45 minutes beforehand, grab a cake pop and relax! Brandalyn’s favorite spot is beside Casey’s Corner!
3. Angel S. and her kiddos’ favorite spot in Magic Kingdom is the Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor in Tomorrowland. This interactive show will definitly have you relaxed AND laughing your tiredness right away! They “rested” four times! Way to go!
4. Misty M.s “go-to” place is Mickey’s PhilharMagic! We agree Misty, this is a GREAT spot! 12 minutes of pure fun, laughter AND sitting down! Just watch out for Donald and his shenanigans!
5. Many of our readers absolutely LOVE the People Mover in Tomorrowland! While sitting for a spell, you get to enjoy all of the sights and attractions around!
6. Jennifer B. says “the benches right outside the tea cups are perfect!” Perfect for resting those tired feet, that is! For more tips on how to keep those feet happy, check out HAPPY FEET IN DISNEY!
7. Casey Jr. Splash N’ Soak Station is the perfect place to cool down and rest! The kids can splash around in the water and YOU can rest!
8. Club Cool in Epcot’s Innovations West section, near the large fountain. This is great place to grab a FREE Coca-Cola drink from places around the world (don’t forget to try the BEVERLY from Italy)! With tables and chairs available (and air conditioner), this is a great resting spot. Also outside near the fountain are places to sit for awhile. The kids LOVE to sit by the fountain for awhile and maybe get splashed with water! Instant cool-off and resting time!
9. Grace W.’s favorite resting spot in Epcot is Ellen’s Energy Adventure in Future World. It’s a 45-minute trip through time and Ellen DeGeneres’s subconscious. It’s a little boring, but it’s very cool and relaxing!! Best place ever to get re-energized for your trip around the World Showcase! We have been told by Kristi D., that THIS is her husbands most FAVORITE sleeping spot…Shhhhhhh…we won’t tell!
10. Speaking of the World Showcase, every country represented has it’s own “sitting area“, if you will. It’s a place in the center or the side of the country where you will find benches or other places to have a seat and relax. A bonus with these areas are the shows that are performed daily! Learn more about exploring the World Showcase right here: Exploring the World Showcase. Jaxton W.’s favorite spot is the France Pavilion!
11. Paten W.’s favorite spot is the pin trading area (Pin Central), located in Future World.
12. Our friend Brandi P. LOVES to chill out in the One Man’s Dream in the Animation Courtyard section of Hollywood Studios. You will “follow in the footsteps of Walt Disney”, admiring his dreams over the years and then enjoy a 15 minute film-sitting down! SCORE!
13. Miki P. keeps her family cool and calm by checking out all of the shows, such as the Frozen Ever After Sing-A-Long!
14. Another great place in Hollywood Studios is the area above Tower of Terror. There are several benches and shady areas, making it the perfect get-a-way! Is it a coincidence that a coffee cart is right beside it? I think NOT!
15. Oasis Canteen, near Echo Lake, serves old fashioned root beer floats! Also, Peevy’s Polar Pipeline (located close by) serves slushies! Lots of seating areas around!
16. One of our readers, Stephanie T. takes her breaks in Animal Kingdom by riding the Wildlife Express Train. This train ride will take you behind-the-scenes from Harambe, Africa to Rafiki’s Planet Watch, giving you a much needed break…with a great view!
17. Over in Dino Land near Dino-Snacks is a great area with a large dinosaur for the kids to admire and several adorable seating options, complete with dinosaurs on the benches. There is also an ice cream cart nearby for those must-have Mickey bars!
18. Of course, in Animal Kingdom’s newest land, Pandora, there are tons of places to just sit and look around at the beauty! For more information on this brand new land, check out: PANDORA.
Other “Break” Areas
19. Hunter W. says his favorite is ANY of the Starbucks locations! We have to agree with Hunter, resting AND coffee are a perfect way to relax!
20. Last but surely not least for a great break, schedule a mid-day table service meal or grab a quick service meal. Our favorite sit-down meals include Tusker House in Animal Kingdom and Garden Grill in Epcot. Jennifer H. agrees that the Backlot in Hollywood Studios is a perfect location to cool off and rest. If you plan it just right, you can catch a glimpse of the Jedi Training Show!
For more quick service options, check out: TOP QUICK SERVICE DINING IN MAGIC KINGDOM!
A HUGE THANK YOU to some of our fabulous readers for all of the tips and advice! We truly adore you all and are grateful for YOU ALL!
We hope you enjoy these “resting spots“! Where is your favorite spot to catch a break? Let us know in the comments.
Join us in our Facebook group, Disney Express Lane for great tips and tricks and ALL THINGS DISNEY!
photo credit: Kristi Davidson (Mathew sleeping):)
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Disney 101: New Mobile Food And Beverage Ordering Explained - February 7, 2019
- What To Expect In Disney World During The Month Of March - February 5, 2019
- What To Expect: Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge At Disney World This Fall - January 29, 2019
Follow on Instagram