If you love parades, you definitely don’t want to miss the Festival of Fantasy Parade. This parade is all about the magic and fantasy of Disney. Don’t miss Video: A Review of Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom.
Location & Route
Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade runs daily at Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort. It begins at 3pm but this time is subject to change. It’s a good idea to get a Times Guide as you enter Magic Kingdom.
The Festival of Fantasy Parade begins in Frontierland near Splash Mountain. It then makes its way through Liberty Square and to the hub at Cinderella Castle. From there, the parade heads down Main Street U.S.A., around in front of the Walt Disney World Railroad train station and exits near the Fire Station.
It is difficult to even describe the elaborate detail in each float. This parade is full of color and life! From the decorated costumes of the parade performers to the floats decorated to depict scenes from Disney favorites, you are sure to love each and every detail. The procession of floats includes a garden of Princesses, Tangled and The Little Mermaid. Also represented are floats for Peter Pan and Brave and a few other surprises.
This parade features many characters from your favorite Disney movies! You can expect to see:
- Elsa and Anna
- Ariel and Sebastian
- Peter and Wendy from Peter Pan
- Captain Hook
- Tick-Tock the Crocodile
- Merida and Her “Bear” Brothers
- Maleficent as a Fire-Breathing Dragon
- Prince Phillip
- Snow White
- Characters from Pinocchio
- Mickey and Minnie
Parade Dining Packages
If sitting to save your spot for 30 minutes before parade time doesn’t sound fun to you, you are able to book a Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package that will get you VIP viewing.
Parade dining packages are available at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. Tony’s Town Square is similar to the restaurant from Lady and the Tramp. Book a lunch here and enjoy delicious Italian cuisine. Then in the afternoon, enjoy VIP viewing of the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
Parents with Small Children
Maleficent is depicted in the form of a fire-breathing dragon. She is large, metal and can definitely be scary for small children. She also breathes fire several times throughout the parade route.
- There is only one showing of the Festival of Fantasy Parade.
- The Festival of Fantasy Parade runs daily at Magic Kingdom at 3pm.
- Showtimes are subject to change, so make sure to grab a Times Guide at the entrance of Magic Kingdom.
- The Festival of Fantasy Parade is an outdoor parade and is subject to cancellation due to weather.
- If you want a front row seat, you will need to grab your spot at least 30 minutes before parade time.
- The parade lasts about 30 minutes.
- If you are on the front row, make sure you sit on the curb so people are able to stand behind you and see the parade.
What do you think about Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade? Join us at Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss the Festival of Fantasy Parade or any other Disney topic!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.