Everyone talks about what you need to bring with you on your Disney World vacation or what to do while you are there, but not everyone talks about the items that could get you kicked out of the parks or your resort. We have exactly what you should NOT do or bring on your next Disney World vacation.
Disney World What NOT To Bring
Below you will find the items that are on the NO list for anywhere on property and items that are specifically banned from the parks. You don’t want to spend your magical vacation in Disney jail!
This is a condensed list but you can find the entire list online at BANNED ITEMS AT DISNEY WORLD.
Banned from all Disney World Properties
- Weapons: This includes guns, knives, ammunition, pepper spray or anything that could be perceived as a weapon. I know sometimes women will keep mace on their key-chain, so you want to be sure to remove that before trying to enter the parks. This also includes any TOY guns.
- Marijuana or any illegal drugs
- Fireworks or any other flammable objects: Disney World has amazing fireworks so let’s let the professionals do what they are best at ????
- Wheeled Devices: Remote-Controlled Cars, Skateboards, or shoes with wheels (Wheelies), or bicycles, any mobility devices with less than 3 wheels such as a Segway or hoverboard.
- Strollers greater than 31” in width and 52: in length.
- Stroller wagons: This has caused some controversy since the stroller wagons were a popular thing inside the parks. I personally loved the wagons but will admit they were obnoxiously large and very hard to maneuver in crowded areas.
- Anything being pulled, pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller.
Disney World Park Bans
- Smoking: Smoking is prohibited while in the parks. There are designated smoking areas at the Disney Resorts and outside of the theme parks.
- Glass containers: This does not include baby food jars!
- Alcoholic beverages: This does not apply to the resorts and select restaurants at Disney Springs. Be aware that corkage fees may apply at certain restaurants.
- Ice: This was another they banned this year that caused a little bit of an uproar. Ice packs are OK but actual ice. Whether it is in a Ziploc bag or not.
- Folding chairs
- Suitcases larger than 24”x15”x18”: The Resorts do have an area for you to drop off your bags if you have a later flight and wish to spend time in the parks
- Selfie sticks/Mono-pod
Disney World Water Park Bans
- Plastic Straws
- Non-Coast Guard approved flotation devices
- Swim Noodles
- Selling of ANY goods or services
- Dressing or impersonating any character: This does not include costumes on Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or runDisney. Some people get around this rule with “Disney Bounding”.
- Participating in any dangerous acts that could harm yourself, others or interfere with Walt Disney World operations
- Demonstrations on any kind
- Hanging towels, bedding or etc. over balconies or from the fire sprinklers.
- Line jumping: DO NOT be this person. We are all hot and want to get through the lines faster so please be courteous of others and just wait in line like everyone else.
- Profanity: This is a family-oriented space. Be aware of small ears around you.
What Not to Wear
Walt Disney World reserves the right to deny admission or remove any person wearing attire we consider inappropriate or attire that could distract from the experience of other Guest.
- Costumes: We did cover this in banned items while at the park, but it is important to mention again. Children can wear costumes, but adults are banned unless attending specialized events such as Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Masks: Only worn by guests under 14 years of age. The masks must not interfere with your vision and the eyes need to be fully seen.
- Pets or other animals EXCLUDING Service Animals are banned from theme parks
- Emotional support, comfort or companion animals are not considered service animals
- Feeding, petting, or interfering with wildlife in anyway is banned
- Pet friendly Resorts: Yes, Disney World does have several pet friendly resorts. But, they should stay on a leash or in a harness at all times while outside of the resort room. Refer to the specific resort rules for any additional rules.
- Service animals are NOT allowed in the water.
- Quiet hours at Disney World resorts are from 11 pm to 7 am
Disney World What NOT To Bring
We hope this helps you avoid Disney jail on your next Disney World vacation! We have a great blog about signs that you need to pay attention to while visiting Disney World: SIGNS AT DISNEY WORLD!
We would love to have you join our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Walt Express Anonymouse
Latest posts by Walt Express Anonymouse (see all)
- Your Complete Guide To Souvenirs And Shopping At Disney World - January 30, 2020
- Understanding Rotational Dining With Disney Cruise Line - January 28, 2020
- 5 Insider Tips And Tricks For Your Next Disney World Vacation - January 21, 2020