If you have been paying attention to what’s going on at Disney World’s Galaxy’s Edge you know that Batuu has many great experiences to offer, including building your own droid! We are going to take a closer look at Star Wars Land Droid Depot and walk you through this amazing process.
Star Wars Land Droid Depot
This was an amazing experience for my family and we would definitely recommend it to anyone! When planning your Disney World vacation, if you know that you are going to want to visit the Star Wars Land Droid Depot and build your own droid, it’s recommended that you make your reservations 180 days out. They do allow walk-ins but you may have a long wait depending on how busy it is. I recommend getting the advance reservations by checking your My Disney Experience app or the website.
Entering Star Wars Land Droid Depot
When you enter the Star Wars Land Droid Depot you are greeted by a member of Batuu and taken to pre-pay for your droid. The base cost is $99.99 for each droid with options of upgrading for additional costs.
BB Series or R Series
You have two options, you can build a BB series unit or an R series unit. Once you make your choice and pay you are given a basket with pictures on the bottom. You move on to a conveyor belt with parts for both droids moving past you. There are so many options! All of the parts come in different colors and you can stand there and wait, choosing only the colors you want. Once you have one of every piece you need, you are brought to your work station. This is where your droid comes to life!
A cast member comes over and gives great instructions on how to put your droid together. Once you have built your droid, a cast member comes over and places your droid into an activation unit. Then you are given instructions on how to use the droid and it’s controller. They place your new droid into a box. These boxes are kind of big so if you are staying on resort and have a few days you can actually have them sent to your resort. We chose this option because the boxes are cardboard and if they get wet the handles could fall off. It was an easier option for us then having our two kids carry them around the parks.
During the time we were in the Droid Depot we never once felt rushed. We had our own time at each station and there was no line behind us. The kids got to really take their time and pick each piece slowly. The cast members also took their time to make it an enjoyable experience. They gave very clear directions and explanations. We appreciated the time they took for our group so we could enjoy the entire experience.
Star Wars Land Droid Depot Extra Options
There are extra options to customize your droids too. They offer “personality chips” for $14.99 each that change your droids personality. Meaning your droid can be a smuggler, a part of the First Order or a part of the Resistance. The droids can also communicate with each other. If you bring your new friend into the parks you will notice that your droid will interact with things in the park and it’s surroundings.
$99.99 may seem like a lot for a souvenir, but honestly you are paying for more than just the droid. You are paying for the experience and it’s totally different from any other experience in Disney World. If you are a Star Wars fan, I highly recommend Star Wars Land Droid Depot.
Tips For Droid Depot
- Valid admission to Disney World’s Hollywood Studios is required.
- The experience area is limited to the builder and one Guest. One person in the party must be age 14 or older.
- Checking In: Guests should check in no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their reservation time at the check-in location in front of Droid Depot. Each person in your party must be present upon check-in and admission to Droid Depot. Late arrivals may not be accommodated. Please be prepared to present your reservation confirmation, photo ID and the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- For more Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge info, just click that link!
We have a Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, and would love to see you there!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Crystal Brytowski (see all)
- Things You May NOT Know About Disney’s Contemporary Resort - March 9, 2021
- Tips For Helping Your Kids Choose Souvenirs At Disney World - November 24, 2020
- Visiting Disney World With Diabetes And/Or Celiac Disease IS Doable - September 22, 2020