When planning a Disney vacation of any kind, one thing most people don’t think about is what they would do if they were faced with an emergency and had to cancel their trip. No one likes to think about worst-case scenarios, but we all know that a Disney World vacation (or any Disney destination) can be a significant investment. As a travel planner, I always urge my clients to protect their investment! Disney Vacation Travel Insurance may be something you have been curious about and we have all of the information right here.
Disney Vacation Travel Insurance
Disney Destinations now offers a solution for guests to protect their vacation packages to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa through Aon Affinity. The Travel Protection Plans offer coverage in the case of cancellation or interruption due to injury, illness, job loss, military service, and more.
***Disney World’s cancellation policy is free cancellation up to 30 days before the original arrival date. From 29 – 2 days prior to the original arrival date guests can cancel and receive a refund minus their $200 deposit. Travel Protection comes in on the original day of travel and after!
Benefits Of Disney Vacation Travel Insurance
Guests who purchase a Travel Protection Plan can look forward to these benefits:
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption – Reimburses up to total trip cost of the prepaid travel arrangements due to illness, injury and non-medical reasons such as job loss, military service and more
- Trip Delay – Reimburses related expenses, up to $600 ($200 per day)
- Baggage Loss – Reimburses up to $2,000 for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage and personal effects
- Bag Delay – Reimburses the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed 12+ hours
- Emergency Medical Protection – Provides up to $25,000 of coverage if you get ill or injured on your trip
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation – Arranges and prepays for emergency medical transportation and other covered expenses
- Travel Accident – Provides up to $25,000 in the event of accidental death or dismemberment
- Rental Car Damage – Reimburses repair costs up to $25,000 in the event of collision, theft, damage or vandalism to rented vehicles
The Travel Protection Plan Is Affordable!
- Walt Disney World plans: $77.50 per adult and $5.50 per child
- Disneyland plans: $70.50 per adult and $5 per child
- Aulani plans: $88.50 per adult and $6 per child
When To Add Disney Vacation Travel Insurance
Travel protection can be added anytime up to the final payment date on packages, but must be paid in full upon purchase. This is something to think about if planning to book a package with a $200 deposit since the travel protection will be paid in full at the time of booking, adding to the total due upon deposit. However, since the Travel Protection Plan can be added any time before final payment of your trip, you can plan to add it at a later date if you prefer.
Insurance Is ALWAYS Optional
The Travel Protection Plan is definitely optional, but when planning and paying for a Disney vacation, I really feel that it’s in your best interest to purchase! After all, no one wants to invest into a vacation and have to cancel, miss out on the magic, and then take a loss!
Want in on some Disney World secrets? Take a peek at these 12 secrets for your next Disney World vacation!
Have you joined our Facebook Group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, yet? What are you waiting for? Join us today for lots of Disney fun and information!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Walt Express Anonymouse
Latest posts by Walt Express Anonymouse (see all)
- Your Complete Guide To Souvenirs And Shopping At Disney World - January 30, 2020
- Understanding Rotational Dining With Disney Cruise Line - January 28, 2020
- 5 Insider Tips And Tricks For Your Next Disney World Vacation - January 21, 2020