What a great day for breaking news from one of our favorite Disney Parks! Disney’s Animal Kingdom Plans 20th Anniversary Party For The Planet. And, what a party it will be!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Plans 20th Anniversary Party For The Planet
Everyone knows that when Disney throws a party, it will be truly remarkable! This year, Animal Kingdom Park will celebrate 20 wonderful years of bringing magic to it’s visitors! Our friends from Disney Parks Blog has just announced a celebration that will be happening this year, from April 22-May 5, 2018. TWO entire weeks of celebrating! Now, that is what I call a great anniversary!!
A new event has been added to this HUGE celebration!! Read on for the details!
Earlier this year, we shared the exciting details on Party for the Planet, a multi-day celebration in honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Today we’re happy to share the details on Tiffins Talks, special hard-ticket dining offerings that will take place on select nights April 22 to May 5.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that compliment the topics shared by animal and conservation expert speakers. Each Tiffins Talk will feature an expert who’s had a hand in creating Disney’s Animal Kingdom as we know it today.
Speakers may include:
- Dr. Joseph Soltis, Research Scientist for Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment
- Joe Rohde, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Dr. Jason Fischer, Conservation Program Manager for Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment
- Rachel Daneault, Zoological Manager at Disney’s Animal Kingdom for the Primate – Carnivore team
- Dr. Anne Savage, Conservation Director for Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment
- Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Pricing is: $165 per person (tax and gratuity included). Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park admission is not included in the price of Tiffins Talks.
From Disney Parks Blog
Rafiki’s Planet Watch will take center stage for the celebration, which will offer backstage experiences that allow guests to learn about animal nutrition, visit the veterinary hospital, or hear how Disney promotes global wildlife conservation.
Guests can also commemorate their anniversary visit to the theme park with special photo opportunities, and kids can earn a limited-edition badge as part of the Wilderness Explorer program. Six different Tiffins Talks, themed dinners hosted by animal experts at Tiffins full-service restaurant will be available to guests who want to learn more about the animal residents at the park. And limited-edition merchandise will also be available for purchase, with one piece being a special-edition print created by renowned Walt Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde. (He will be available to sign prints on April 22 from 1-4 p.m. at Discovery Trading Company. Quantities are limited).
Other experiences coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom this spring include:
- April 22 will mark the debut of a brand-new show, UP! A Great Bird Adventure featuring Russell and Dug from the Disney•Pixar animated comedy-adventure film “UP.” The show will give guests the chance to see Senior Wilderness Explorer Russell and his fuzzy friend Dug in a new adventure that includes encounters with exotic birds from around the world. This free-flying show will be performed multiple times daily.
- A “dino-tastic” celebration with Donald and his friends will also premiere Memorial Day weekend in DinoLand, U.S.A. This dinosaur-themed party celebrates Donald Duck’s discovery that his bird ancestors were actually dinosaurs. DinoLand U.S.A. will feature colorful new décor and playful character greetings with rarely seen pals like Scrooge McDuck, Launchpad McQuack and more. A DJ-powered dance party will mix tunes from the truck-o-saurus stage, capping the nighttime festivities.
- Memorial Day 2018 commemorates the one-year anniversary of Pandora – The World of Avatar. Here, travelers are transported to a mystical world of floating mountains, bioluminescent rainforests and breathtaking new experiences. Inspired by the blockbuster film, AVATAR, the epic land invites guests to explore a glowing landscape, encounter a larger-than-life Na’vi Shaman of Songs and soar on the back of a banshee.
For more information on the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, visit Disneyworld.com/PartyforthePlanet.
Also announced today was information on the brand new show coming to Animal Kingdom on April 22! Stay tuned to Walt Express for all of the updates for this anniversary celebration.
Head on over to our Facebook group, DISNEY EXPRESS LANE, and let us know if you are planning on visiting during this magical time!
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Vanda Bean (see all)
- Guide To Epcot’s International Flower And Garden Festival For 2021 - March 2, 2021
- BREAKING NEWS: Disney World Releases 2022 Vacation Packages - February 16, 2021
- Top 5 Romantic Dining Experiences In Disney World - January 26, 2021