Make sure to check out 12 Disney World Hacks That Will Make Your Trip Magical!
Although, I can’t make the money appear or help you grow your own “money tree” so you can visit a Disney Park more frequently, I can clue you into at least 12 hacks that will help you have a magical trip!
12 Disney World Hacks That Will Make Your Trip Magical
1) Work with a Disney Travel Agent: Disney Travel Agents ARE there to HELP you! They will do everything from dining reservations, fastpass picks and a whole LOT more! We explain a little more in-depth HERE. So take a look! However, if you have a hard time giving up control, that might not be the best option for you. But don’t forget, you can have them book your vacation for you and watch for discounts while you do the rest of the planning and still reap the benefits of discounts, zero time on the phone with Disney, instant answers to all of your questions, and tons of other perks. They aren’t for everyone, but they can really help you save money if you pick a good one.
2) Buy Disney Gift Cards at Target: When you buy Disney Gift Cards at Target with your Target Red Card you can save 5%. 5% can go a long way! Consider getting gift cards for souvenirs that you buy in the Parks.
3) Make Advanced Dining Reservations: Make sure you make your dining reservations in advance at Disney World restaurants on resort property. Long gone are the days of walking into a restaurant and getting a table for your party. If you are staying on Disney property you can make your dining reservations as far out as 180 +10 days out. That means staying on property will allow you to book dining for the entire week in one morning as opposed to getting up every single day to snatch them as soon as they release.
4) Save the Rides With Low Wait Times for Resting: Some people may argue with me about this list, but I think it’s pretty safe to say that these rides have shorter wait times, which means you can maybe take a bit of a rest once you get on.
- Magic Kingdom: Carousel of Progress, PeopleMover
- Epcot: Living with the Land
- Hollywood Studios: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
- Animal Kingdom: Wildlife Express Train
5) Use Disney’s Magical Express if you are Staying on Site: If you stay on site make sure you get Disney’s Magical Express to take you to your Disney on-site Resort from the Orlando International Airport. It is an awesome service Disney provides for their guests and is highly recommended and FREE. Get more info HERE.
6) Get to the Parks Early: Get the crew up in the morning and get to the parks as soon as they open. The majority of people don’t get to the parks until about 10am, so get your booty up and get moving before the rest of the crowd does! You can see so much more while half of the guests on property are still snoozing away!
7) The Shops down Main Street U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom are Connected: These shops are connected and can be a great way to get to the hub in relative coolness. But remember, they get PACKED when it is raining. Consider walking down the actual street during a rain shower. More than likely EVERYONE will be packed into the shops trying to stay dry!
8) Make Sure You Mention if You Are Celebrating Anything: Cast members want to celebrate with you. You can get free celebration buttons and tons of birthday or well wishes. Not to mention, sometimes they might even throw in some extra magic! Learn more about celebrating a birthday HERE.
9) Get a Fastpass: I won’t even go into too much detail with this, BUT just get a Fastpass if you want to ride a highly popular ride! GET A FASTPASS! I repeat, get a FASTPASS, dude!
10) Rent a car on Property: If you need to rent a car and don’t want to take advantage of bus transportation, wait until you arrive and rent it on property. Disney has car rental services right there on property down the street from your resort.
11) Don’t Buy Bottled Water: Why buy bottled water when you can take a canister, cup or refillable mug and get it filled with FREE tap water. You can also ask for a cup of free ice water at any kiosk that sales fountain drinks.
12) Consider Travel Times If You have Reservations or Fastpasses: If you are traveling from your resort to a park make sure you allot enough time to travel to your reservation. Walt Disney World is HUGE, so make sure you consider travel time! Disney recommends 90 minutes for travel between parks.
There you have it! What would you add to the list?
Join the Disney Express Lane Facebook Group to discuss this and many other Disney related topics.
Ready to plan your magical vacation? Go HERE for a FREE quote!
- Post may contain affiliate links.
Latest posts by Mandi Middleton (see all)
- Weekly Roundup: Contactless Entry, Epcot Food and Wine, Disney World Refurbishments and Aulani - April 5, 2021
- Weekly Roundup: Animal Kingdom, Main Street Confectionary and Disneyland California News - March 29, 2021
- Weekly Roundup: Disneyland, Flower and Garden Merchandise, Disney Cruise Line and Magic Kingdom Attractions - March 22, 2021